This Is The 80's!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Bordertoon welcome to the thread. I hope you enjoy it and contribute many memories. I don't post much on the Blues board anymore so I will leave you with this gem from the 80's. Can't recall if I had posted it before or not?

Hey Bordertoon welcome to the thread. I hope you enjoy it and contribute many memories. I don't post much on the Blues board anymore so I will leave you with this gem from the 80's. Can't recall if I had posted it before or not?

Through choice. You can still post here. I’ve put up a couple of down memory lane that are worth reading.;)

Last edited:
Nostalgia’s not what it used to be Robbo :p

Btw, 1973 almost had me falling off my chair - I’ve never known anyone draw the line that early!
Nice other teams there Bordertoon :thumbsu: Keep in mind Robbo is a Sunderland man ;)

Thanks for the welcome TL15, and that’s a classic track. I hadn’t come across it anywhere else in this thread, although there’s quite a few broken links, possibly due to Robbo and his Luddite accomplices sabotaging any post-1973 tracks on YouTube ;)

A pity you don’t post much on the Blues board anymore - any aficionado of the 80s is bound to have something worth reading.

All the best.

I was trying not to bring that up but you had to go there.

I was exactly the same Robbo! Just try not to lose your focus by being distracted by any Geordies or their sympathisers on this board, al a Jordan Pickford when he tried to bait the St James’s Park crowd recently ;)

In all seriousness though, and at the risk of being dishonourably discharged from the Toon Army, I actually don’t buy into all the “sad mackem bastard” stuff. Of course it probably helps that I live this far away, as no doubt it’s harder to stay out of it all if you live in the north-east (my family only lived in Newcastle short term, and we left when I was 2 or 3 years old).

Now I’ll just sit tight and wait for all the Celtic fans on this board to hunt me down ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was exactly the same Robbo! Just try not to lose your focus by being distracted by any Geordies or their sympathisers on this board, al a Jordan Pickford when he tried to bait the St James’s Park crowd recently ;)

In all seriousness though, and at the risk of being dishonourably discharged from the Toon Army, I actually don’t buy into all the “sad mackem bastard” stuff. Of course it probably helps that I live this far away, as no doubt it’s harder to stay out of it all if you live in the north-east (my family only lived in Newcastle short term, and we left when I was 2 or 3 years old).

Now I’ll just sit tight and wait for all the Celtic fans on this board to hunt me down ...
My sister married a Geordie in 1969. Born and bred in Sunderland and that’s what he calls himself. This Mackem thing is a recent invention. I was Arsenal when I first started taking notice of the English football. My brother in law convinced me to support the Lads and it’s been that way since 1973.

Now I know AceAndy will be reading this. Sunderland is playing in a Wembley Cup Final this weekend. What’s Newcastle doing?

Haway the Lads.:p

Pils first concert in Australia when they came out to Order of Death . You can’t imagine it .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Always had a soft spot for PIL. Back in the 80s I used to work in a pinball arcade / fast food place on the Scarborough beachfront in Perth. On Friday and Saturday nights it could all get a bit feral. To clear the shop out we used to put the track below on loop on the video jukebox, and then plead ignorance when the drunken loiterers would go mental waiting in vain for their own selections to come on. Worked a treat, as they found the song and video unsettling and disturbing. I actually love it, which probably means that l’m unsettled and disturbed o_O

Ha ha toons I did that at parties at my place when I wanted to shut it down. Back in the day . . And on ur point my mates parents had a game / pinball arcade in a large country town and at his parents request my mate put some obscure singles in the jukebox to clear the joint at closing .

Last edited:
My sister married a Geordie in 1969. Born and bred in Sunderland and that’s what he calls himself. This Mackem thing is a recent invention. I was Arsenal when I first started taking notice of the English football. My brother in law convinced me to support the Lads and it’s been that way since 1973.

Now I know AceAndy will be reading this. Sunderland is playing in a Wembley Cup Final this weekend. What’s Newcastle doing?

Haway the Lads.:p

Praying you don’t win, and trying to put pressure on the Fat Cockney Bastard to re-sign Rafa!

No, tbh I wouldn’t begrudge you guys the win, as you’ve had to endure a rough few years.

Btw, your brother in law has a lot to answer for, as the Gunners would have been a much easier ride for you.

Ha ha toons I did that at parties at my place when I wanted to shut it down. Back in the day . . And on ur point my mates parents had a game / pinball arcade in a large country down and at his parents request my mate put some obscure singles in the jukebox to clear the joint at closing .

Chalk that strategy down as another “cultural universal” :)

Killing Joke a dark art band from the UK . 80,s. I’m living in the 80,s . Yes

I know it’s probably not a favourite of their fans, but I loved the music and feel of their 1985 Night Time album ... even if the lyrics and video imagery were politically dubious, to say the least.

Any band with a guitarist nicknamed Geordie must also get some kudos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back