Hearts to hearts

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Just remembering round 1. Weird not being there to watch, and it was nice to snatch the win away from St Kilda, but it felt like it didn’t really matter as we knew the season may or may not go ahead. And it’s never felt like it mattered much since, which has made the poor performance easier to deal with. Bad year for North but a good year for keeping perspective.

Watching our kids running all over Adelaide was fun. Jy and LDU and Jed were even better, Ben M looked good, and Jack M and Flynn came in and looked straight away like they belonged. LMac was amazing. Goldy, especially early, was as good as he had ever been.

So many players out, and so many older players didn’t have great years, and it left too much on too many kids. But the kids showed a bit - not consistently, because kids - and I’m satisfied they are up for the fight.

This year the bad stuff hasn’t got to me, and where the the good signs have been does give me some optimism.

Have to add that Maj’s comeback was one of the highlights, and his goal in that game was about the purest happiness I felt all season.

Onwards and upwards and I hope we get to watch some footy as these players and our new draftees take the next steps in 2021.

shintemaster

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 24, 2002
Ponderama
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just remembering round 1. Weird not being there to watch, and it was nice to snatch the win away from St Kilda, but it felt like it didn’t really matter as we knew the season may or may not go ahead. And it’s never felt like it mattered much since, which has made the poor performance easier to deal with. Bad year for North but a good year for keeping perspective.
It felt like another pre season game... and nothing much really changed that afterwards. I'm glad we got something resembling football, it likely protected our finances massively and it let us sort the list in a way that needed to happen either way but it's going to be a season to forget.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom