Review This is the season that was 2020

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thank you big footy, pain shared is pain lessened and there are too many st kilda supporters on twitter (have they always been the worst or is it just lately?)

The kids obviously, including those we have lost to injury, gone but not forgotten: xerri, mahoney, hayden, thomas , taylor, walker. Looking forward to watching them in addition to the guys currently giving their all every week .
Glad our weaknesses are well exposed and that the media have noticed, we won't be able to just skate by under the new management and i am excited to see what the next couple of months bring.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
At least we got two extra weeks more than this time last season...

Didn’t get a Raffle ticket booklet...

Got asked to buy a $100 ticket to win a GF ticket that I was never going to attend...

Didn’t get trapped in the Docklands DFO car park for an hour after the game...

Didn’t feel guilty not buying a Record...

Shinboner '07

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It was the bottom out year that we needed and for it to happen in a COVID forgetful season is even better. If we had finished middle of the road again we’d be thinking we are finals material and ignoring our deficiencies for another year. At least now it seems we’ve identified the dead wood in the side and a massive clean out is coming. Hopefully Two top 10 draft picks (hopefully dees don’t make finals) get some players back next year with what should be an kinder draw and 2021 should be exciting. Go North

2020 - our horrible anus (as Zondor would put it).

I haven’t missed going to a game during a full season since 1972, when we were last as crud as this.

Hoping like hell the rest of this decade can emulate the rest of the 70’s.

What a bloody year this has been.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I thought i was old, some of you are ancient bastards! You've done well not to have a heart attack in the past 20 years from the junk we have served up.
in 1988 i didn't even know what AFL was, i was running around kicking a round thing into the goals, and calling it football.

Big issue is, i don't know what our game plan is going into next year, Rhyse better get on the phone to some family members of his and ask for help, not sure that's a good thing or not.

We needed players like Wood, Garner, Atley, etc to have reached some of their potential, they haven't and i'm hoping the same doesn't happen with the next batch coming through.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Thankfully I got to Kardinia Park to watch our girls demolish the Cats. My highlight for the year. Actually seeing the Royal Blue and White in action live and winning.
If you'd had said 5 years ago that our highlight for 2020 would be watching our AFLW team win a game, people would have said you were nuts.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos

72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-dumpster-fire.rsquare.w700.gif

Thankfully I got to Kardinia Park to watch our girls demolish the Cats. My highlight for the year. Actually seeing the Royal Blue and White in action live and winning.
That is really sad. Not because it's the AFLW, but because our girls season was cut short and we didn't get to see them lift the trophy.

Overall that is the most disappointing North Melbourne season I have witnessed since I started supporting them back in 1976. But there were some positives to come from it. We found some young players like Taylor, Hayden, Walker, Scott, Perez, Xerri, Mahony, McKay and Murphy who all showed they can compete at AFL level, while LDU and Thomas will be stars of the game in seasons to come. Add Larkey, Simpkin and Zurhaar who have already established themselves and we have already made some solid strides in out rebuild. Our future is looking brighter than our 17th position suggests.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We needed players like Wood, Garner, Atley, etc to have reached some of their potential, they haven't and i'm hoping the same doesn't happen with the next batch coming through.

what we need is to merge 3 said players into 1, take Atleys ability to take the field, Woods highlights and garners tenacity and wouldn't we have a player.

Back