Review This is the season that was 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

what we need is to merge 3 said players into 1, take Atleys ability to take the field, Woods highlights and garners tenacity and wouldn't we have a player.

We need to start work on this..

tenor (4).gif

There's been at least 15 seasons where an individual player has kicked more goals then we just did in this entire season.

When was the last time we had a 17 rd season?

There's definitely a thread in this. Mine would be Mahoney's smarts and skills with (2018) Majak's rig.

I keep thinking with Atley pace & durability & Garners everything else, that would be some player... get some DNA samples people!

giphy (1).gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I will say is that I don't buy injuries as an excuse for the paltry 3 wins. IMHO, on paper we've had a good enough team most weeks to win at least 3-4 more games and some losses in particular (Melbourne, GC and Freo games come to mind) were absolutely inexcusable. The Hub factor is also not an excuse, given most other clubs were in similar predicament.

Therefore, as much as I know our list wasn't up to scratch in many respects, it was possible to do a lot better with it, hence why I expect a very thorough review and some tough calls to be made.

That was the first AFL season since 1976 that I never attended an AFL match

Ouch.

I think for me prior to this year I'd missed one Melbourne (away) game since the start of the 2003 season. Sucks for our QLD roo brethren but have to admit, if there was a season to not see any games at all - this was it.

2020 - our horrible anus (as Zondor would put it).

I haven’t missed going to a game during a full season since 1972, when we were last as crud as this.

Hoping like hell the rest of this decade can emulate the rest of the 70’s.

What a bloody year this has been.

There’s an old saying ‘you can't polish a turd but sometimes you can roll it in glitter’ Brad Scott spent at least the last 4 seasons doing just that and after 10’years of being served s**t on lots of levels, most bitterly in terms of ‘insert players name here’ development (there’s plenty to choose from) I’m thankful for the unforeseen events that have impacted on this season because they’ve given the perfect smokescreen to Shaw/Rawlings to do with the existing list whatever they wanted as they’ve planned for the future, perhaps even shortened the pain by a season.

This season was the killing season.

From next year we rebuild and start a real campaign for our next flag.

I’m on board are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back