Review This is the year that was..............

Remove this Banner Ad

We end on a win, somewhat unexpected. Given the off field 5hit fight during 2023, what were the highlights?

For me:
Sheezel will be an absolute gun and seems a ripper kid. Massively exciting.
Wardlaw looks the goods with some colleagues suggesting better than Sheezel when he is fully fit.
Larkey - he frustrates me at times but cannot but be happy with his season and commitment to stay with the club. If not AA we should march on AFL House.
TT - Fingers crossed he has his off-field stuff sorted because he is clearly a-grade as his last few games have shown. As good as we have at NM.
Scott - excellent season overall.
Ford - exciting - showed plenty and will only get better.
WiPhi - get him fitter. Again showed he can play.
Curtis - seems to lift with the team and his good games were very good.
Bergman - showed a little - high hopes.
LDU - silk all year.

The kids showed snatches of form. Yesterday it clicked with some major outs. I am confident 2024 will be better - anyone have the praccy match dates?

bit of a roller coaster, realistically it doesnt really matter if you finish 2nd bottom to say 11th, its a whole group of teams that are not playing for a finals berth and don't suffer the indignity of the spoon, still reckon the biggest decisions we need to make are off field, cant keep going forward with Brown and Rawlings on the staff roster or the mediocrity will simply continue.

Just glad to put a line under a very s**t year.

My highlights include:
The addition of Sheezel and Warlaw has been awesome
Larkey in AA form
The emergence of Fast Eddy Ford as a very good player
The penny appears to have dropped for TT

My list of lowlights is far too long so not going to drag it up.

I’m looking forward to a proper preseason under Clarko, the addition of some serious talent via the draft and some upgrades on the deadwood we’re currently carrying.

Onwards and upwards!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back