FTA-TV This is Us

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
A mate of mine kept recommending this show. We are both into sci-fi, fantasy, action, suspense etc so when I read the synopsis I was surprised and thought he had lost his marbles.

A group of people with the same birthday, including Rebecca and Jack, a married couple expecting triplets in Pittsburgh, Kevin, a handsome television actor growing bored of his fly bachelor lifestyle, Kate, his funny and sweet heavyset twin, and Randall, a successful lawyer in search of his biological father.

But after putting it off for a while I started watching it. It's not good, it's great. There's no gimmicks, no special effects, no confected drama. It's a well told story about people. This is TV writing and acting at its best.

A mate of mine kept recommending this show. We are both into sci-fi, fantasy, action, suspense etc so when I read the synopsis I was surprised and thought he had lost his marbles.

But after putting it off for a while I started watching it. It's not good, it's great. There's no gimmicks, no special effects, no confected drama. It's a well told story about people. This is TV writing and acting at its best.

Dunno about at its best...there have been some cheesy moments...but overall it is excellent.

Notice that Ken Olin is a Producer who is famous for his role and credits to the underrated Thirty Something.

Enjoying!

I'm fairly sure that 10 has the rights to this in Australia, and as per usual, they've stuffed things up. They could have got some eyeballs on it from the initial U.S hype, but by the time it makes it to air here, most will know that it's gone downhill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I hate BBT (have watched about five minutes of one episode) but I actually don't mind This Is Us apart from the song.

What has that got to do with anything? It's a completely different kind of show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back