Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Those confident of beating anyone or anything in round 1 obviously don’t worry about precedent.

I envy you.

If you want to utilise precedence then you have to take round 10 of last year in to account also.

I'm sitting on the fence, but I have been told unlikely.

If Cox & Taberner don't play (both injured) then mightn't bother taking him anyway. B-Mac can handle the Lobb/Darcy rotations.

From what i can gather it looks like Cox is a 21 dayer, so hes likely to miss R1 and 2.

Tabs from all reports just tightened up, probably in a similar situation to Williams for you guys in that he is probably borderline.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
From what i can gather it looks like Cox is a 21 dayer, so hes likely to miss R1 and 2.

Tabs from all reports just tightened up, probably in a similar situation to Williams for you guys in that he is probably borderline.

Okay, then we might get stretched early, but after watching Darcy hulk around the ground I have no doubt Lobb will be running around next to Goldstein the longer the game progresses, otherwise Goldy will run riot.

Like I have stated a couple of times, Freo are going to be dangerous for the first 40 minutes. If they don't put us away in that time it will be our game.

I'm not concerned about Marley. He'll play..

Okay, then we might get stretched early, but after watching Darcy hulk around the ground I have no doubt Lobb will be running around next to Goldstein the longer the game progresses, otherwise Goldy will run riot.

Like I have stated a couple of times, Freo are going to be dangerous for the first 40 minutes. If they don'yt put us away in that time it will be our game.

I'm not concerned about Marley. He'll play..

Could be one of those things where they are 8.4 and looking good. Or 4.8 and spewing they squandered opportunities.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I suspect the 6-6-6 thing has Lyon stumped for now but doubt it’ll be long before he works out a way to clog things up and utilise the rebound offence from the congestion.
With the 6-6-6 rule we could see some massive leads mown down... and given our penchant for giving up massive leads I suspect we may see some epic melts on here this year. Neverthless, I believe this match come too early for Ross the Boss and thus am predicting a total annihiliation on Sunday week. I see a 15 goal win as par.

Tongue firmly in cheek here, obviously. However, given what’s happening on the injury to both these teams, I reckon both North and Freo should both consider staying at home and tossing a coin for R1. Otherwise, neither team will be able to get enough bodies on the park for R2.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just put my best 22 together for Round 1 and it makes missing Maj even greater for me.

Not in the back line however, but I think we will miss him forward. The 6-6-6 rule and more attacking midfield is designed for a player like him and our forward setup would surely rank in the bottom couple in the league.

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We’re a train headed into round 1 with a first class carriage in the middle, business class up front and the economy carriage up back has derailed, tipped over and being dragged along.

This crazy margin ppl are talking of is silly, they’ll be kicking plenty on us and easily too.

North by 16

If you want to utilise precedence then you have to take round 10 of last year in to account also.
Mate, I do understand those who would take our round 1 shitfulness over anything else, in terms of precedent. Our record under Scott suggests that if you scheduled us to play against Frankston in round 1 somehow, we'd find the way to lose that too. Either due to bad weather, poor ground conditions or injuries - we'd find the way.

Tongue firmly in cheek here, obviously. However, given what’s happening on the injury to both these teams, I reckon both North and Freo should both consider staying at home and tossing a coin for R1. Otherwise, neither team will be able to get enough bodies on the park for R2.

Given our round 1 record, tossing the coin would give us the best chance to win for years.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Mate, I do understand those who would take our round 1 shitfulness over anything else, in terms of precedent. Our record under Scott suggests that if you scheduled us to play against Frankston in round 1 somehow, we'd find the way to lose that too. Either due to bad weather, poor ground conditions or injuries - we'd find the way.

You seriously don't put any strength in this other than the random chance happenings of any football season, do you?

What else is it then, astrology?

You seriously don't put any strength in this other than the random chance happenings of any football season, do you?

What else is it then, astrology?
Jokes aside, I put it down to the fact that we aren't as ready to go by round 1 as the sides we came up against, in terms of gelling together and having the game plan well drilled. We often take a while to get used to what the rest of the comp is doing in the new season, and take a while to get into it.

Yes, there could be an element of luck in it as well, but there are objective factors to the poor record IMO.

Geez looking at the freo board they are an even worse position than us when it comes to injuries. Brad Hill, Tabener, Darcy, and Hogan all struggling to be fit for round 1. This goes with Cox, Logue from last week and added to Hill, Blakely and Sandilands and Matera suspended.
They aren't all set to miss, although hopefully they do.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We’re a train headed into round 1 with a first class carriage in the middle, business class up front and the economy carriage up back has derailed, tipped over and being dragged along.

This crazy margin ppl are talking of is silly, they’ll be kicking plenty on us and easily too.

North by 16

Sixteen goals is a pretty big margin. But I like your confidence.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Okay

Williams, Tarrant, Vickers-Willis
MacMillan, McKay, McDonald
Polec, Tyson, Hall
Atley, Wood, Ahern
Turner, Brown, Ziebell