Preview Today!!! Rd 1v Freo at Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
^ yeah, that looks pretty close (and seriously sexy!)

If Anderson gets up, sorry Bailey - not yet.

Would prefer Scott over Simpkin if it was a choice between the two.

Especially over there on that ground.

Bit of a vent here and it’s been simmering but alas I swiftly noted that we laid 22 tackles over the weekend against Port Adelaide. 22 between 24 players over four quarters that was.
And we played 20 minute quarters plus time on. No shortened game time. No early finishes.
So as I look at Ports squad and subsequent injury list I don’t see any contact or collision injuries? Why?

The fact that with minutes to go into an intraclub and with Thompson suspended and Daw injured, Kayne The Enforcer Turner decides to hammer our fullbacks shoulder into the turf has still got me mind ****ed.
The only fit key defender who we all knew would need to coach McKay thru the preseason in readiness for round 1, the only fit key defender who historically has issues with his shoulders requiring significant strapping, the only
fit key defender for whom we need up and running as we have a vital opening month that could set up our season.
So, I ask the question again - if we can pile drive our best players into the turf at training then how the * is it explainable that the opposition get off scot free and we lay one tackle nearly every 6 minutes come game day?
The only conclusion is we’re taking the piss and this is all a bad case of Arden Street turf luck.
I honestly want to see a manic approach from Turner come round 1 for until he hammers an opposition player into the ground and earns his keep he can * right off with his footy.

Bit of a vent here and it’s been simmering but alas I swiftly noted that we laid 22 tackles over the weekend against Port Adelaide. 22 between 24 players over four quarters that was.
And we played 20 minute quarters plus time on. No shortened game time. No early finishes.
So as I look at Ports squad and subsequent injury list I don’t see any contact or collision injuries? Why?

The fact that with minutes to go into an intraclub and with Thompson suspended and Daw injured, Kayne The Enforcer Turner decides to hammer our fullbacks shoulder into the turf has still got me mind ******.
The only fit key defender who we all knew would need to coach McKay thru the preseason in readiness for round 1, the only fit key defender who historically has issues with his shoulders requiring significant strapping, the only
fit key defender for whom we need up and running as we have a vital opening month that could set up our season.
So, I ask the question again - if we can pile drive our best players into the turf at training then how the **** is it explainable that the opposition get off scot free and we lay one tackle nearly every 6 minutes come game day?
The only conclusion is we’re taking the piss and this is all a bad case of Arden Street turf luck.
I honestly want to see a manic approach from Turner come round 1 for until he hammers an opposition player into the ground and earns his keep he can **** right off with his footy.
Kayne's gunna have to plant someone arse up like a daisy to start to make up for it

The fact that with minutes to go into an intraclub and with Thompson suspended and Daw injured, Kayne The Enforcer Turner decides to hammer our fullbacks shoulder into the turf has still got me mind ******.
So, I ask the question again - if we can pile drive our best players into the turf at training then how the **** is it explainable that the opposition get off scot free and we lay one tackle nearly every 6 minutes come game day?
I honestly want to see a manic approach from Turner come round 1 for until he hammers an opposition player into the ground and earns his keep he can **** right off with his footy.

I enjoy your posting, taz, but to me the above has a touch of the 'putting 2 and 2 together to make 5's about it.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would prefer Scott over Simpkin if it was a choice between the two.

Especially over there on that ground.

This.

Simpkins form does not warrant a lock in the best 22 over a super impressive Bailey Scott and/or LDU.
Someones getting dropped, and in my eyes Scott or LDU shouldn't miss out based on current form, they are cherry ripe for Round 1.

Even Tarryn Thomas could make a claim for selection.

I enjoy your posting, taz, but to me the above has a touch of the 'putting 2 and 2 together to make 5's about it.
It’s like playing backyard footy with your brother and going all out on a tackle and hurt him.
When it comes to playing on the weekend you are reserved and don’t show anywhere near the same amount of aggression as you should.
Meamwhilst your brother is on the sidelines in a sling

20190313_073243.jpg

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
B: Hamling - Pearce - Hughes
F: Ziebell - Brown - Turner

HB: Wilson - Ryan - Cerra
HF: Atley - Wood - Ahern

C: B.Hill - Fyfe - Langdon
C: Polec - Cunnington - Hall

HF: Banfield - Hogan - McCarthy
HB: McDonald - Tarrant - Vickers-Willis

F: Ballantyne - Lobb - Walters
B: MacMillan - McKay - Williams

R: Darcy - Conca - Brayshaw
R: Goldstein - Tyson - Higgins

Int: Giro - Mundy - Tucker - Duman
Int: Davies-Uniake - Scott - Dumont - Simpkin/Pittard

Lockdown roles

Tarrant - Hogan
McKay - Lobb/Darcy
Williams - Walters (forward)
Atley - Wilson
Everyone - Fyfe

Last edited:

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s like playing backyard footy with your brother and going all out on a tackle and hurt him.
When it comes to playing on the weekend you are reserved and don’t show anywhere near the same amount of aggression as you should.
Meamwhilst your brother is on the sidelines in a sling
I understand the frustration with Kayne but one thing you're missing in your analysis is that our Tom Campbell got suspended the week before for burying someone in a tackle.

I was thinking that in light of this we thought the less we tackle in practice games the less chances we'll knock someone out on a hard summer surface and have Ziebell or McKay scratched for round 1.

Something about indefinite for sinusitis doesn't seem right, surely there is more to it than that.

How so?

Surely it is as simple as the fact that it is not a predictable issue. He'll be ready when he's ready, it's not a broken leg or hamstring with clear expected recovery windows.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

That's an interesting take. We channeled our physicality into friendly fire rather than the establishment of good competitive habits against real opposition?

How so?

Surely it is as simple as the fact that it is not a predictable issue. He'll be ready when he's ready, it's not a broken leg or hamstring with clear expected recovery windows.
I would say, given that it hasn't responded to a few months off, or to the surgery, simply waiting for it to get better may never happen. There needs to be some sort of treatment for this. If we are trying different things, with all due respect to Ben's privacy, we as members and supporters would like to know, without the details.

For example, would be nice to hear something like "Given the problem hasn't gone away post surgery, we are now trying alternative treatment. This treatment is expected to take 8 weeks, and we will then asses how Ben has responded to it. All going well, he should be ready to start training by early May." Or something along these lines. Simply saying indefinite is crap.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
That's an interesting take. We channeled our physicality into friendly fire rather than the establishment of good competitive habits against real opposition?
I've seen a few training sessions and can safely say if take that level of agression in the season proper we'll be looking good.

Even in the praccy against St Kilda Turner took out Higgins with an accidental head clash then nearly wiped out Dumont when charging off the bench.

Campbell roughing up an oppostion player and copping a week was clearly due to the fact he wad late to the party and wasn't privy to the memo.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I would say, given that it hasn't responded to a few months off, or to the surgery, simply waiting for it to get better may never happen. There needs to be some sort of treatment for this. If we are trying different things, with all due respect to Ben's privacy, we as members and supporters would like to know, without the details.

For example, would be nice to hear something like "Given the problem hasn't gone away post surgery, we are now trying alternative treatment. This treatment is expected to take 8 weeks, and we will then asses how Ben has responded to it. All going well, he should be ready to start training by early May." Or something along these lines. Simply saying indefinite is crap.
Nah, we're not entitled to players' medical records.

Nah, we're not entitled to players' medical records.
You call that medical records?
If you think so, then we shouldn't even be informed about ACL, PCL or Taz's AC joint either. All we need to be told is he's out with a medical condition for up to 6 weeks. How is that different?

You call that medical records?
If you think so, then we shouldn't even be informed about ACL, PCL or Taz's AC joint either. All we need to be told is he's out with a medical condition for up to 6 weeks. How is that different?

It's probably different because they don't know if it's 6 weeks.

Also, you're falling into the entitlement trap: "we need to be told ...". Actually we don't. Sure, we would all like to be told everything about all players, but there's no onus on any club to publicise everything that goes on internally.

It's probably different because they don't know if it's 6 weeks.

Also, you're falling into the entitlement trap: "we need to be told ...". Actually we don't. Sure, we would all like to be told everything about all players, but there's no onus on any club to publicise everything that goes on internally.
There is also no onus on any person to fork out thousands of dollars on football related expenditure every year. But the best clubs do that well and members feel like they matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back