This Team Deserved More

Remove this Banner Ad

Claudonious

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well, here is my summary of the events of the last 2 days and the season.

I am writing this from Atlanta, Georgia. I was at the 85 prelim when **** Kennedy stomped on Dunstalls back and Matthews went speare in the last quarter. I was there when Geelong smashed us in a few finals in the early 90's and Danny the nose slotted 8 to no avail. I wasnt there when the King of Geelong kicked one after the siren in 94, Played in a winning GF that day...

I was there when kids and adults cried in unison in 97...I was there when smith on robran and libba on mcloud destroyed us in 98. I was there when Ray slammed through the sealer against the Pies and raised his arms in Triumph in 96,and watched the kids get smashed in slippery conditions at West Coast.

I saw Johhno taken out front on in 2008 to finish our chances.

But this year, I was in Atlanta. I had to be here for 7 weeks for work. I was all ready to fly home for 4 days just to see the boys in the GF and return back to Atlanta.

I watched the game live on ESPN360 - Live and in HD Format - brilliant.

When I saw the looks on the boys faces before the bounce, they looked ready.

We did everything - smashed em on contested ball, inside 50's...were aggressive, confident and the better side.

What happened:

1. A couple of tough chances missed in the 1st - 2 6 and 2 out of bounds is a poor return for complete dominance.
2. Eagleton Goal - given a point
3. Hargrave kick - given holding the ball
4. Ward over the shoulder 40 out clearly infringed - play on
5. 60 Metre Acker kick deliberate, numerous handballs over the boundary, throw it in.
6. Nick R free kick for being bumped - say no more
7. Cross Handball missing mark last qtr - huge bad luck
8. A few bad decisions into the 50 in the last
9. Hudson and Gardiner grappling - 50/50 to Gardiner every time

We deserved this one - we did in 97, perhaps we didnt last year. But this one shoudl have been ours. The football world knows it. We will make it through next year.

BTW Eade is kidding himself - we need a pack smashing key forward. 56 to 40 inside 50's.56 in for 18 scoring shots....its blatently obvious.

Wss massively proud of the team - they had a massive crack

Harbrow - what a game

Well, here is my summary of the events of the last 2 days and the season.

I am writing this from Atlanta, Georgia. I was at the 85 prelim when **** Kennedy stomped on Dunstalls back and Matthews went speare in the last quarter. I was there when Geelong smashed us in a few finals in the early 90's and Danny the nose slotted 8 to no avail. I wasnt there when the King of Geelong kicked one after the siren in 94, Played in a winning GF that day...

I was there when kids and adults cried in unison in 97...I was there when smith on robran and libba on mcloud destroyed us in 98. I was there when Ray slammed through the sealer against the Pies and raised his arms in Triumph in 96,and watched the kids get smashed in slippery conditions at West Coast.

I saw Johhno taken out front on in 2008 to finish our chances.

But this year, I was in Atlanta. I had to be here for 7 weeks for work. I was all ready to fly home for 4 days just to see the boys in the GF and return back to Atlanta.

I watched the game live on ESPN360 - Live and in HD Format - brilliant.

When I saw the looks on the boys faces before the bounce, they looked ready.

We did everything - smashed em on contested ball, inside 50's...were aggressive, confident and the better side.

What happened:

1. A couple of tough chances missed in the 1st - 2 6 and 2 out of bounds is a poor return for complete dominance.
2. Eagleton Goal - given a point
3. Hargrave kick - given holding the ball
4. Ward over the shoulder 40 out clearly infringed - play on
5. 60 Metre Acker kick deliberate, numerous handballs over the boundary, throw it in.
6. Nick R free kick for being bumped - say no more
7. Cross Handball missing mark last qtr - huge bad luck
8. A few bad decisions into the 50 in the last
9. Hudson and Gardiner grappling - 50/50 to Gardiner every time

We deserved this one - we did in 97, perhaps we didnt last year. But this one shoudl have been ours. The football world knows it. We will make it through next year.

BTW Eade is kidding himself - we need a pack smashing key forward. 56 to 40 inside 50's.56 in for 18 scoring shots....its blatently obvious.

Wss massively proud of the team - they had a massive crack

Harbrow - what a game

Spot on apart from your comment on Eade. He is just being sensible in that he can't publicly say that we need a big forward. Not good for morale if we can't get one and he comes out and makes that statement. Privately, away from the players and media, I'm guessing that he's admitted it quite regularly.

We weren't as consistent as the saints or cats all year. And when it came to the finals against Geelong we didn't show up til half time and we missed easy set shots. Against the Saints we were brave and played very well but again we didn't make the most of our opportunities. Geelong and St.Kilda deserve to be in the grand final.

Our team will deserve more when they apply themselves week in and week out like Geelong and St.kilda have all year. Geelong have done it for three years now. Those teams don't lose games like we did this year, games like the West Coast one.

We need to play like we did Friday nighht every week. Bring that intent and purpose every week. Until then we don't deserve anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back