This time it's personal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2001
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A few months back I got a lot of friendly and helpful advice on where to stay, eat and go in Melbourne, which made my trip(s) there most enjoyable.

After a 'terrible' Xmas (re: Toblerone bar being the best gift I got), I was suprised with a week's holiday in Sydney.....

..Problem is we've pretty much never left the Sydney airport.

So any recommendations on where to stay that's suitable for a family? (me, missus, 2yo son). We need somewhere with at least basic kitchen facilities, and prefer relatively close to CBD, or at least public transport (as we'll be lugging X around in his stroller. Also something light on the $$$ would be handy.

And probably more importantly, what are the best (and cost effective) attractions to take a young one too?

I look forward to your suggestions and advice!

Good luck Simon. Really cant help only ever been there for 1 or 2 night trips. Can recommend ordering a limo. Fixed price from airport to your location rather than take your chances with one of their cabs and not that much more than a taxi.

When are you going?

I took my kids to the aquarium at Darling Harbour and they though it was totally f***ing cool (I was completely indifferent about the sea animals but was good to see them really having fun).

Cost you about $60 though. You can sneak in though - stand at the side near the entrance and just walk in.

A few months back I got a lot of friendly and helpful advice on where to stay, eat and go in Melbourne, which made my trip(s) there most enjoyable.

After a 'terrible' Xmas (re: Toblerone bar being the best gift I got), I was suprised with a week's holiday in Sydney.....

..Problem is we've pretty much never left the Sydney airport.

So any recommendations on where to stay that's suitable for a family? (me, missus, 2yo son). We need somewhere with at least basic kitchen facilities, and prefer relatively close to CBD, or at least public transport (as we'll be lugging X around in his stroller. Also something light on the $$$ would be handy.

And probably more importantly, what are the best (and cost effective) attractions to take a young one too?

I look forward to your suggestions and advice!

Could do worse than stay at the Pacific International apartments on George street, about 5 minutes walk from central station, 15 from the centre of the city and 25 from the Harbour.

Aquarium and wildlife world are good, Taronga zoo is fantastic, especially with the view. Powerhouse museum on Darling Harbour is great for kids as it's almost all interactive. Luna park you could try, but it's a bit meh, same with the imax.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back