This Weeks Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Who the heck plays on Matera? If AFC are tanking the game, then probably Mattner or Bassett, or perhaps the secret weapon is our 3rd ruckman in Biglands.

I have a very bad feeling about this game... :(
Edwards, Johncock, Mattner and Bassett are probably the ones that coaching staff will look at I assume.

We will lose so really who plays on Fido is irrelevant I reckon.

EDIT: Or judging by past match ups Shirley.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin

I have a very bad feeling about this game... :(
I think we all do.

Three ruckman is very risky...

Maybe they shouldve dropped Hudson? But that wouldnt have been fair to the bloke, and not giving Biglands a shot wouldnt have been fair either. really, the AFC had no way to go but to pick the whole 3 in the team. Big headache indeed.

And Like I said, dismissing Schuback was wrong. I think he goes in harder than Skippy and would be more suited to the West Coast attack/HF. Providing they had gave him game time..not pine time :mad:

I think the reason we went with 3 ruckman is to strech WC's backline. We will play 3 talls in the forward line so either one of Hudson and Biglands will either play as a forward or as a defender, leaving Kenny to go to CHF or FF.

WC simply don't have the players to cover that many talls if we win enough of the ball in the midfield

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
I think the reason we went with 3 ruckman is to strech WC's backline. We will play 3 talls in the forward line so either one of Hudson and Biglands will either play as a forward or as a defender, leaving Kenny to go to CHF or FF.

WC simply don't have the players to cover that many talls if we win enough of the ball in the midfield
Alrighty. Put that way, it doesnt sound so stupid.

I trust this is the way we will go Stiffy! Don't let my faith in you down!! :D

Stiffy, I'm sure that you've hit the nail on the head. WC are very very light on talls and it's obviously our plan to stretch them.

Welsh is no certainty to front either. Rutten or Scott Stevens might still be playing.

I've picked WC but wouldn't be suprised to see us win. If we win the mid-field, we will win the game for the reasons above.

Originally posted by PAfolwr
Put Hudson at FF, Stevens at CHF and Carey as the third tall.

PAfolwr, you're not interested in a coaching stint next year, are you? ;)

That's exactly how I'd use them for starters and see how it goes.

Originally posted by macca23
I've picked WC but wouldn't be suprised to see us win. If we win the mid-field, we will win the game for the reasons above.
I originally picked Adelaide them switched to Eagles.

Its 50-50 so smart tipster goes with the home team (not that I am one;))

It's all well and good if you win the midfield, but I'd suggest there's little chance of that. WC have too much speed and class running through the centre (particularly at Subi), Roo can only do so much on his own.

And Biglands isn't really good enough to be either a forward or backman in the AFL. He's a ruckman, plain and simple.

We'll be found out one way or another, but on the bright side, we'll keep that priority pick as an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually fellas, what I think will happen is Stevens to FF, Kenny to CHF, Carey as 3rd tall and Biglands to defence.
So are you assuming Schuey comes in for Welsh, otherwise we will be very top heavy?

What are we doing? Throwing the names in the air and the last ones to hit the ground get dropped! Skipworth had a very average game last week and dropping Schuback for him is just - ah dumb.

3 ruckmen - ah on Subiaco - ah dumb. Now I know we may want to stretch their defence but first you got to get it down there! Midfield of Cousins, Kerr, Judd etc - this may get ugly!

Does Ayres want to get sacked???

Lost for words.

PAfolwr, you're not interested in a coaching stint next year, are you? ;)

That's exactly how I'd use them for starters and see how it goes.
That is because we both think, now what will Ayresy and Choco not do. :p

Actually fellas, what I think will happen is Stevens to FF, Kenny to CHF, Carey as 3rd tall and Biglands to defence.
Would we better off playing Rutten, Watts or Biglands as KPP if we are trying to stretch the Weagles?

Stiffy, I'm sure that you've hit the nail on the head. WC are very very light on talls and it's obviously our plan to stretch them.

How many talls do you guys have?

McDougall
Hansen
Staker
Carroll
Lynch
Glass
Seaby
Cox

I think they all qualify as tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back