Opinion This year’s Geelong team is different…

Remove this Banner Ad

That, and a bit of general shitting of the bed early on that snowballed a bit.

I remember Rohan taking a good mark straight in front about 15 to 20 out and then missing. I recon those nerves got a bit contagious.

It actually would not be too out there a move to get a psychologist in for some of these guys come finals.
Well, Lloyd doesn't seem to do anything else worthwhile

I'm 47.

Fellow middle-agers, is this our best chance since 2007?
2019 we should have done better, but the MC were too smart for themselves and we bottled the QF and PF.
Not to mention we were actually IN THE GF in 2020, so I would argue that was our best chance since 2007 because we were in the match.

Lid is on. Tonight showed the league is tight and its not a foregone conclusion.

Haven’t cared much for Chris Scott as coach since the 2013 preliminary final and I know that’s harsh because back then he actually did play the kids and he was a young premiership coach only in his third year. That’s me as a very greedy 16 year old teenager who lucked out by picking this great team 3 years before we won in 2007.

In 2020 I started to tolerate him a lot more because I was completely dumbfounded that the guy I thought was a slightly better Hinkley took us to a grand final.

This year is something else. Watching the Richmond match on TV and Port game live today at Adelaide Oval, these are the type of games we have lost over the last 9 years. We didn’t though. It’s like we don’t fold anymore.

I’m starting to finally like Chris Scott arguably for the first time.

Just wait till finals start . . . you'll be back to loathing him in no time at all.
If we play like we have been then I can live with it. If we get flogged at least I’m probably high so having a far better time than you are.

Richmond, Port, Carlton, Melbourne block of games and level of effort and it’s a pass mark from me even with a prelim loss.

If we play like we have been then I can live with it. If we get flogged at least I’m probably high so having a far better time than you are.

Richmond, Port, Carlton, Melbourne block of games and level of effort and it’s a pass mark from me even with a prelim loss.
Thats how I feel. I can handle losing finals. It happens. Its the capitulations in finals after a bye, or in a home PF when the MC has tinkered with the team and tactics that shits me.

The guy who did the "Scotty doesn't know (how to win a final)" song is on here right?

Can we get a sequel "Scotty doesn't know (his list can't contend)" and it's just cut together with clips of us beating contenders? Shots of him not listening to doubters would be good but hard to convey.
Yeah that's my video. Haha that idea probably wouldn't get half as many views but you should have a crack at making some original content!

I put out a video recently taking the piss out of Richmond. It's called "We're a Violent Gang". Check it!

Lid's been welded on since 2013
2 things can be correct at the same time.

There are differences with this 2022 iteration. And it makes us better than before. We all see it.

But that ******* lid is still wedged shut too IMO.

Far too early for that silliness.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wait till finals start . . . you'll be back to loathing him in no time at all.
We might not win the flag but I don’t doubt we will compete pretty hard in the finals.
If we were playing slow, controlling football I would agree with you.

However for pretty much the entire year we are playing a brand that holds up specifically in finals.
It would need to be an extraordinary capitulation for us to go backwards.

We might not win the flag but I don’t doubt we will compete pretty hard in the finals.
If we were playing slow, controlling football I would agree with you.

However for pretty much the entire year we are playing a brand that holds up specifically in finals.
It would need to be an extraordinary capitulation for us to go backwards.

I agree with that. We are playing at least as well to make the GF from here. My worry is we still have patches of 15 mins (like yesterday) where we clock off and that can kill you in finals we all saw that was exactly what happened to the dogs in the GF last year.

I agree with that. We are playing at least as well to make the GF from here. My worry is we still have patches of 15 mins (like yesterday) where we clock off and that can kill you in finals we all saw that was exactly what happened to the dogs in the GF last year.
Yeah it is a concern. Our will to win is extraordinary but we wouldn’t want that happening in a final.
I think yesterday Stanley going off was a contributing factor.
But definitely something to be wary about and hopefully we don’t allow it again when it matters.

If Stanley is genuinely injured and the "mid term" moves into finals, lid is absolutely on because we have zero genuine alternatives.
We are boned if he goes down.
You don’t count the ruckman we traded for last year in Ceglar?
Even if you don’t rate him, he’s still an alternative and would’ve destroyed PA

Earlier in the year this is what happened in all of the Sydney, Fremantle and St Kilda games. We didn't respond and I thought at the time we weren't contenders. However, much to my surprise during this 9 game win streak the same has happened yet we have absorbed the pressure and then countered. That is what I have found most encouraging. It was a feature of our 2020 side that as we all know made the GF but also doesn't guarantee you win it.

You don’t count the ruckman we traded for last year in Ceglar?
Even if you don’t rate him, he’s still an alternative and would’ve destroyed PA

If fit.
I think that's the concern.
Sure if he's fit and inform Ceglar is a fine ruck and would be fine as a Stanley replacement, I'm just worried we won't see him fit.

Yeah it is a concern. Our will to win is extraordinary but we wouldn’t want that happening in a final.
I think yesterday Stanley going off was a contributing factor.
But definitely something to be wary about and hopefully we don’t allow it again when it matters.
Is it within our control to "not allow" these patches to occur?
I think not.
We have runs ourselves against some teams, and in every case it's not lack of effort or concentration on the opposition part.
I think it's the other way around- why can't we play like that every quarter?
Not physically capable, and no team is that good.
Watching Demons last night- they had these bursts of brilliance and got 4-5 goals up, unstoppable, but Doggies kept pressing.
Intriguing game.
Only totally superior teams, where they are dominant in every part of the ground, could realistically hope to win every quarter against top teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back