• Thommo to retire

Votes: 244 77.5%
  • Thommo to play on

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Thommo to play on but will only actually play when there is an emergency

Votes: 38 12.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Club would have a fair idea what road they'll be going down and so would Thommo.

He will be development coaching. A lot was made in some interview last week about how influential is behind the scenes. However what did he do Saturday night. Wasn't in the box with Sauce and didn't see him in any camera shot.

He still has time to turn his form around. Even now he is still a top player. Its just that our list has strengthened/improved so much that he is not best 22. Same with Douglas and Mackay although neither of these are in Thommos league.

If he stays on as a player/coach in the sanfl then he gives us great cover and allows us to be more bold with our list e.g. cut guys like Grigg in favour of new draftees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thommo will want to play on but the club should move on.

Been a great champion of the club but father time catches up with everyone. He has no where near the impact that he has been known for. Started the year off brilliantly but is shadow of that player now.
I think everyone can see what the right thing to do it, but I wonder if the club will have the balls to do it though.

I bet they were wishing Thommo would make the call himself to retire, but it looks like that isn't going to happen and they will actively need to end his career.

I can't see the club doing it to be honest.

It makes me sore just watching Thommo grimacing while trying to walk after a game.

I thought he should have retired at the end of last year, but I can understand why he didn't, and really best case scenario is the Crows win the flag this year and Thommo gets a premiership.
That would be the ideal outcome for all concerned

Back