• Thommo to retire

Votes: 244 77.5%
  • Thommo to play on

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Thommo to play on but will only actually play when there is an emergency

Votes: 38 12.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe they feel Mackays elite run balances out Thommos lack of pace therefore both ar required players.

It continually amazes me that so many novices such as ourselves can see this and have been calling it forever Yet it completely escapes the payed experts.

The paid experts are too close sometimes, they work with the guy who gives 100% we only judge on their game day contributions.

The paid experts are too close sometimes, they work with the guy who gives 100% we only judge on their game day contributions.

But surely they can see the effect his continual selection has with the amount of reviews they do throughout the week/year.

I can't accept that loyalty or effort on the track are prioritised over match day performance.
That's primary school footy.

Thommo is actually s**t now. Lame that we let him embarrass himself like this. It was already obvious last year.

And his spearing handballs to the first thing he sees does nothing for our panic under pressure mentality.

Senior players are supposed to be a calming influence. We have lacked senior players of this ilk since we dumped Macca and Edwards.

Biggest bedwetters going around. VB is gone. Put Thommo out of his misery and piss off Douglas and Dmac. It's a contagion from that group

Thommo is actually s**t now. Lame that we let him embarrass himself like this. It was already obvious last year.

It's sad that we've let our opinions of a great player be tainted by an awful extra year where it's clear he is cooked

I can't believe where he's fallen to and how fast.
Sometimes once the wall arrives it happens quick.
He was a gun, he is actually terrible now.

When he takes the ball in traffic he is doing this weird baulking at shadows -doesn't know what to do- dance kind of thing, obviously can feel they are closing in faster on him and the mobility etc is gone. Hate seeing it. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

150 Brownlow votes (#25 all time), 300+ games. Set the preparation standards for the kids. Should be in the club hall of fame.

Its reasonable to think we will play finals next year and Thommo wants to be apart of that. It's been said all week regarding North, no individual is ever bigger than the club. Time is up.

It's sad that we've let our opinions of a great player be tainted by an awful extra year where it's clear he is cooked
It's ****ed. Club needs to have a good hard look at itself. Honestly, if the consensus on an Internet board is smarter than our list management (very distinct from our recruiters, who are first class), then what the s**t are our "professional" list managers drawing a salary for?

It's one of those areas where many objective eyes are better than a handful of eyes that are close mates with the subjects

It's ****ed. Club needs to have a good hard look at itself. Honestly, if the consensus on an Internet board is smarter than our list management (very distinct from our recruiters, who are first class), then what the s**t are our "professional" list managers drawing a salary for?

It's one of those areas where many objective eyes are better than a handful of eyes that are close mates with the subjects

I imagine it's much harder to tell a bloke you're mates with, a 'good bloke', that his career is over with the Adelaide Football Club.

But the best clubs make the hard decisions

I can't believe where he's fallen to and how fast.
Sometimes once the wall arrives it happens quick.
He was a gun, he is actually terrible now.

When he takes the ball in traffic he is doing this weird baulking at shadows -doesn't know what to do- dance kind of thing, obviously can feel they are closing in faster on him and the mobility etc is gone. Hate seeing it. :(
Slope theory in action.

Thommo has been a fantastic player for our club for 250+ games. I respect him for being the guy to step up in our midfield early on this year when the guys who were meant to fill the void that Danger left started slow. He's been an incredible servant of the club for 10 years.

But as much as I've refused to believe it, it's painfully obvious that the game has passed him by over the last 12-16 weeks. His form has deteriorated substantially and the softer match ups have masked that. But nothing could save him tonight, no Sloane to help cover for the rest of our mediocre midfield leaves him bitterly exposed.

I think AFC will probably give him another year, but I don't think that they should.

Thommo knows deep down what he needs to do. Let"s not have a brent harvey situation. The time comes for every player as the old bull is superceded by the young bull. Thanks for your contribution thommo but i want you to go out in a classy way as you have been throughout your career. You must not be on our list next year but i would like to see you in a coaching position somewhere in the league.

Thommo is one of our all time greats. Unfortunately, that time is over.

What's of greater concern is the "big-bodied mid" who has been his understudy is a long, long way off it and is even worse defensively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

James Kelly seemed like a great bloke

Boomer Harvey seems a great bloke.
Drew Petrie seems a great bloke.
Michael Firrito seems a great bloke.
Nick Dal Santo seems a great bloke.

Well honestly, Boomer's annoying, Petrie's rubbish, Firrito's a spud and Dal Santo has a small dick and I give zero *s because they don't play for us, but we need a similar cull.

We need the ghost of Blighty to visit Pyke and Roo and tell them what to do... cut cut cut

Back