Thomson to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

This should go through and well done to both parties. Richmond get a handy inside midfield prospect who was out of favour at Port. Port salvage a 3rd rounder for their 1st round selection from 4 years ago that just didn't work out. There should still be some quality left at pick 42.

So you think he's a good player then?

Yep, would have wanted us to go after him but we have many similar players.

He'll go in hard every time, 100% effort and a clearance and hard ball machine.

Disposal can be iffy at times and he's not going to set anyone alight with his pace (sound similar to another Port trade from last year so far?????) but he has a footy brain.

Good pick up Tigs

Tell us about him macca is he any good?

If he gets the right chances at Richmond and reaches his potential, he will be an absolute star, hence the bargain. A lot of Port supporters are dirty that he wasnt given a fair crack.

If he gets the right chances at Richmond and reaches his potential, he will be an absolute star, hence the bargain. A lot of Port supporters are dirty that he wasnt given a fair crack.

Ok so he might do a Rodan next year.......:D

If this trade does go through, richmond have done very well for themselves.
All the best to thommo, didnt get a fair run at port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you stick that as your sig?

He'll walk onto your 22 and lead your clearances/hard ball gets next year.

He'll feed Tambling handball after handball

We're good at clearances anyway. Tuck, Foley and Cogs (if he returns) are guns at the clearances.

Yesterday I thought Thomson was a perfect fit at Richmond. I believe he is worth a late second early third, so WELL DONE Richmond. You have the pace through the midfield and did require more in and under midfielders....well don again

fair trade i believe....we got shafted a bit but then i am satisfied with a 3rd rounder in this draft considering thompson couldnt break into our squad last year

i aint too upset over this as some other port supporters are. adam to me showed me little bits here and there at AFL level but not enough to convince me like he has majority of the other port supporters....but very good player in the SANFL

but he is only 22 and he has alot of time to prove his worth as a gun, but me for one, wouldnt put my house him doing so.i wish him the best and hope he proves me wrong

He is an in and under clearance player who can kick a long goal, but lacks pace and needs a bigger engine... disposal is good enough but not extraordinary......danger is his "injuries" or "OP".....<---still a bit skeptikal over this whole saga but whats done is done and we can all move on

Yep, would have wanted us to go after him but we have many similar players.

He'll go in hard every time, 100% effort and a clearance and hard ball machine.

Disposal can be iffy at times and he's not going to set anyone alight with his pace (sound similar to another Port trade from last year so far?????) but he has a footy brain.

Good pick up Tigs

Agree..:thumbsu:

He will be a good fit for the Tiges and good luck to him. Similar to the Rodan deal where 'most' Richmond supporters wished Rodan well and were happy he fitted in with the Power and similarly If you look around most of us wish Thommo well also (just not against us...:D)

We're both wrong , he went at 43...still after 42 though...just...
In the draft Goodes went in, each club were allowed one under-age draft pick and The Swans took Goodes.
I think they had to commit 3rd round draft pick, but remember special rules were drawn up for that draft. That is why he went low.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back