Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Brooklyn Nets
Ian Thorpe retires

Australia's greatest-ever swimmer Ian Thorpe has quit, announcing in a press conference his intention to withdraw from professional competition.

MORE

by the way written above is from the article not my personal preference, so attacking me for saying Thorpe was the best is stupid, i never actually said it, who ever wrote the article did, to tell you the honest truth i don't like the man, i think he is a cashed up, arrogant, metro prick, but i pay tribute to a champion of any sport, and thought others would want that also.

Farewell to a pure CHAMPION.

Good to get out while on top with only good memories.

See ya pool side with a microphone Thorpie. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hackett > Thorpe

You have lost it - Hackett's record is no where near as good as Thorpes. Hackett had to hide in a crap event like the 1500 metres as he could not get near Thorpe.

Hackett is a tosser - beating on his chest when he won a race when he had a cold. You can not tell people your all heart!

You have lost it - Hackett's record is no where near as good as Thorpes. Hackett had to hide in a crap event like the 1500 metres as he could not get near Thorpe.

Hackett is a tosser - beating on his chest when he won a race when he had a cold. You can not tell people your all heart!

i would love to see you win with a collapsed lung, or maybe even swim 1500 m with a collpased lung :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's five gold medals we wont be bringing back from Beijing, if nothing else.

To the knockers - You really have no idea.

One of Australias greatest ever champions. Well done Thorpey.

Agreed.A true champion in his field.

Is it school holidays or something.

Now he may get the peace he really wants, to do and be who ge wants. He can't swim just cause people want to. I would think it would be hard to be motivated when you have acheived so much so young.

I tell you people what......

This bloke owes us. How much money did the Australian Tax Payer pay when he was learning his trade? how much did we pay so he could train?

Now he is on easy street with his million dollar endorsements, he says....."I dont want to do this no more"? What a cop-out.

Open Letter to Ian Thorpe;

Thorpey.... Get off your lazy arse.... Get back to the gym.... Get back in that pool.... Stop being a "Poor Me" boy.... Get to the next olympics.... Smash the yanks and everyone else in your way.... And give me, a taxpayer, my money's worth. Sook.... Get on with it.....

Signed,

One of your 25 million bosses.:mad:

i would love to see you win with a collapsed lung, or maybe even swim 1500 m with a collpased lung :rolleyes:

Collapsed lung my ar$e. Hackett is full of it. He had cold but wanted to become a bigger hero than he was made out to be.

If you believe he won with a collapsed lung then you will also be getting very excited about Santa coming down your chimmey to deliver presents in a month. Ho Ho Ho!

This bloke owes us. How much money did the Australian Tax Payer pay when he was learning his trade? how much did we pay so he could train?
What a crock. He owes us nothing. Taxpayers fund the AIS etc because taxpayers want elite sportsman to win world events. It isn’t a financial investment but even if it was he would have paid a bucket load of tax.

You guys are ********heads.

His attitude was exceptional.

He was a champion, and was obviously uncomfortable with how the media potrayed him for his entire career, but he got on with it and delivered us a truckload of medals and victories.

If it wasn't for him, Men's swimming would have been a complete and utter joke for the last decade.

Now it's basically Hackett vs the world.

Hopefully Thorpey makes a comeback, he'd still smash everyone.

He needs to go out, get really drunk, screw a few starlets, make do some drugs, then once thats out of his system, get back in the pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back