Review Those at the Grand Final, have you watched a replay yet? Needless to say - No Richmond fans please

If you went to the GF, have you watched the GF yet?

• Yes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 79.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i had a bay of Richmond supporters in front of me, they was already getting mouthy at half time, and i couldn't stand to hear the tiger song
The Richmond supporters near us were all really well behaved, even after it became obvious Richmond were going to win.

Meanwhile I was also sitting next to a Crows supporting teenage male who yelled "* the umps!" and "* the Vics!" constantly from about halfway through the second quarter until the end of the game any time there was a free kick given to Richmond (even if the free kick was definitely there) or not paid to the Crows.

The Richmond supporters near us were all really well behaved, even after it became obvious Richmond were going to win.

Meanwhile I was also sitting next to a Crows supporting teenage male who yelled "**** the umps!" and "**** the Vics!" constantly from about halfway through the second quarter until the end of the game any time there was a free kick given to Richmond (even if the free kick was definitely there) or not paid to the Crows.

the entire bay wasn't bad, just a few dickheads in front, most Richmond supporters were good, the ones not wearing any Richmond gear, who generally arent fans gave us more s**t after the game

I started watching it last week by chance on Fox Footy, watched about 3 minutes, became unhealthily angry at my team and turned it off.

We didn't get any grief at the ground or after in Melbourne from Richmond supporters, but had a little mouthy Port guy telling us about all of their SANFL premierships o_O while we were walking back on the bridge.

Didn’t go to the granny, watched it at home.... haven’t watched a replay and can’t, its simply too depressing..

Closest I’ve gone is watching this;

And it just makes me f#@king angry and want to ring up the AFL headquarters and give them a massive serve of abuse... but I know I’d only end up speaking to some minion who has nothing to do with anything. Plus, ultimately it’s not why we lost..

But what I would really, really, really like to see above all else at this point is some footage, actually the entire footage, of the entire crows team sitting down and watching the grand final replay together for the first time.. It was reported in the media, one of the Crows players last week said it I think, that the players actually haven’t done this yet and are going to do it in the near future during their pre-season training.

I would love to see some of the reactions, some of the looks on their faces and what they have to say and discuss during it... would be very interesting viewing and a good insight..

Recorded it, haven't seen it, did see that short umpiring decisions video, only just started to read the game day and autopsy etc threads sporadically but intend to watch and read and analyse everything over the new year - if I don't get too furious at the umpiring and our display.

I was there.

Do I want to re-live a second of that day?

That sinking feeling that crept it's way into my soul? That ever-increasing sense of impending doom that by the end was felt at a cellular level?

The way the floor of level three literally vibrated at the sound of ninety thousand people screaming "yellow and black" in unison?

Not now, not ever.

No.
We had a good weekend until Saturday afternoon. Our first GF at the G, so ticked the bucket list for that, even through the tears.
Well done Tigers and AFL - you worked hard for your wins.
I dream that one day a disgruntled punter will take the AFL to court over it's blatant management of results.
Bliss Time: AFL looses its right to have gambling on games.

I've watched until half way through the 2nd. Seems pointless to do it but I'll probably force myself at some point to see if the umpiring was as bad as i remember and whether we played as spiritless as i remember. On the day it all just seemed inevitable

Didn’t go to the granny, watched it at home.... haven’t watched a replay and can’t, its simply too depressing..

Closest I’ve gone is watching this;

And it just makes me f#@king angry and want to ring up the AFL headquarters and give them a massive serve of abuse... but I know I’d only end up speaking to some minion who has nothing to do with anything. Plus, ultimately it’s not why we lost..

But what I would really, really, really like to see above all else at this point is some footage, actually the entire footage, of the entire crows team sitting down and watching the grand final replay together for the first time.. It was reported in the media, one of the Crows players last week said it I think, that the players actually haven’t done this yet and are going to do it in the near future during their pre-season training.

I would love to see some of the reactions, some of the looks on their faces and what they have to say and discuss during it... would be very interesting viewing and a good insight..

I’m glad someone feels the same way I do about the umpiring. What has our club done about it? SFA I’m guessing. Typical Crows hierarchy just cop whatever the AFL dishes up to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was lucky enough to get a ticket to this year's Grand Final. Obviously I also recorded the game on my PVR at home so I could watch the Crows victory over and over again once I got back hom.

Unfortunately things didn't go to plan and my recording has sat there on my hard drive, just staring back at me for the last 2 and a bit months.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it yet (too gutted by the loss, so I can only imagine how the players feel), but I don't want to delete it just yet either. Maybe once a few more months pass I'll give it a viewing.

So what about the rest of you, have you watched a replay of the grand final? Do you plan to watch it at some point in the future?

We were in the GF this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 years in a row the umpiring has been CLEARLY biased to the Victoria team.

Richmond finish 3rd on the ladder....but play 1st & 2nd on their home ground.

We joined the VFL ....so why are we surprised ??? We are lucky just to be part of THEIR competition.

It's a Melbourne business designed to make money ....that's it.

Victory will be SWEET ....if we EVER get it....but make no mistake...you have to be VERY good to overcome the stacked deck !!!!

I think I’ve seen every game the crows have ever played, and even sit through 10 goal losses.

BUT, I have no interest in watching the GF replay. In fact, I haven’t even seen highlights and have no idea what the iconic tv/commentated moments are. Weird feeling...

Could add the Sydney semi final loss from 2016 and the Hawthorn semi final loss of 2015.

Games I never had any interest in revisiting.

Do the coaches and players see them the same way? Embarrassing anomalies that should be forgotten and moved on from quickly. The bulk of each of those seasons was positive.

Or should those three matches guide the entirety of our list management, selection policy and game plan analysis?

Back in the hotel room after the game, out of what could only have been self-flagellation i turned on the Killers concert only to see Jack Riewdvolt singing Mr Brightside.

Now I'm ducking that song whenever it comes on the radio too.
I really want to see them in May...... but I just can't bring myself to buy a ticket

Back in the hotel room after the game, out of what could only have been self-flagellation i turned on the Killers concert only to see Jack Riewdvolt singing Mr Brightside.

Now I'm ducking that song whenever it comes on the radio too.

i got back to the room and raiders of the lost ark was on, but every commercial break it seemed like a news break, quickly changed the channel every time

Hells no. I deleted it from the PVR the moment I walked in the door from my drive back home from Melbourne..

The prelim though.. I've watched that several times :D:D

Back