Review Those at the Grand Final, have you watched a replay yet? Needless to say - No Richmond fans please

If you went to the GF, have you watched the GF yet?

• Yes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 79.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone mad enough to go back to the crows v richmond game at the G in 2018. We have a voting process and 8 of us vote. The highest voting game we go to and yep guess which game won! Two of us went to the GF and really do not want to go back for a second serve of .....oh we are from tigerland!

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back in the hotel room after the game, out of what could only have been self-flagellation i turned on the Killers concert only to see Jack Riewdvolt singing Mr Brightside.

Now I'm ducking that song whenever it comes on the radio too.
At least it was only the last song of the set. He didnt ruin the other songs although those pesky crowd shots of the richmond fans singing along pretending to know the words was kinda annoying.

It was my recollection that the Tiger fans were happy but not cruel. They were more interested in getting on to other Melbourne teams & attempting to rid themselves of their inferiority complex, Carlton I think mainly. Have not watched the game & unlikely to. Hate even watching that Comonwealth Bank ad that has a Tiger theme. I think its fair.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only the players should have to watch the grand final more than once..

Should have it on a loop to haunt them
Every Monday morning at the club they should blast the Richmond song, regardless of the weekend's result, just to remind them to ease up on the back slapping because the job isn't done until the last game of the year.

I’ve not watched it, probably won’t watch it but I don’t see what’s unusual about that

It’s a game, just a game, it’s there to give pleasure and enjoyment.

It won’t be enjoyable so I won’t watch it. Doesn’t mean anything more than that

I still think i deserve massive credit for watching the whole game at the BBQ i was at - sure i was inebriated and as soon as the final siren went i was outside smoking a joint to numb everything - the other Crow supporter there was much less gracious and spent the last qtr outside complaining the game should have been at Adelaide Oval - that argument doesn't fly when you're at a GF bbq in Fitzroy. ... i was told his facebook rants that night were ridiculously melty

In terms of re-watching? ? Not in a million years.... unless offered ridiculous money for some reason

Also +1 in being a Melbourne based crow supporter sick to death of Richmond stickers and posters everywhere

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also +1 in being a Melbourne based crow supporter sick to death of Richmond stickers and posters everywhere
i'm just glad mick molloy is finally gone from the MMM breakfast show...

Went back to my AirBnB apartment and at some point that night or next day it was on and watched it and sure enough the umpiring was as disgraceful and biased as I thought it was. If you haven’t watched it I suggest you don’t otherwise you might throw your remote into the TV.

The usual Richmond sooks from the Main Board liking my post thinking they’re trolling me but it really just shows they’re too gutless to come onto our board and make a post. Ricky Nixon’s got it right.

021F43DA-2C4C-407B-ADD4-F7B3BF71D8F9.jpeg

i had a bay of Richmond supporters in front of me, they was already getting mouthy at half time, and i couldn't stand to hear the tiger song

They thought everything was a Richmond free and after getting the most biased umpiring performances in the history of Grand Finals they still actually had the balls to complain about the umpiring.

I stayed at the game after the siren, stayed for the presentations, basically stuck to my seat, flat as a tack.

Met my other Crows supporting mates, we stayed for the Killers, being massive Killers fans (after having the privilege of being one of the few on the ground for the pre-game, absolutely electric). The thought process was, I've spent enough money to get here, may as well still see a good music set at least.

Shortly after the post-game gig, got separated from my SA pals and got texted the pub they were heading to. Me, not knowing the surrounds that well, made the mistake of 'cutting' through Swan Street to get there. It was a street party, there was the best part of 70,000 Richmond fans celebrating in the street, with less than 10 Crows fans, including me, spattered through the street.

It's fair to say I copped it, and a lot. Not so much aggressive but definitely making me aware that I was part of the losing team. On the whole though, it was just a bunch of drunk dudes putting their arms around me and saying "youse were the best team this year", and me responding with "yes but you were the best team today and that's all that counts".

I still have the recording, I think for some sadistic reason I will watch it one day, and doubtlessly switch it off midway through the third.

Bring on doing it all again in 2018.

I left my mates at the Killer’s concert and headed straight to the Penthouse as soon as the final siren sounded.
Opened a bottle of 2008 St Henri and watched a movie on Foxtel. We have all agreed not to mention footy until January.

I watch a replay of every game, not for pleasure but to understand what happened. I have next week off and I plan to watch our three finals in sequence. The grand final was like a teenager’s first “experience”, I have no idea what happened and it was over in a blink of an eye, I just remember a wave of Richmond goals and heaps of poor umpiring decisions.

I am looking for a change in game plan against Essendon in round 1 and Richmond in round 2 next year.

Last edited:
Back