Review Those at the Grand Final, have you watched a replay yet? Needless to say - No Richmond fans please

If you went to the GF, have you watched the GF yet?

• Yes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 79.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Our family spent GF day at my sons place. The grand kiddies were there and my daughter who has loved the Killers for as long as I can remember was in her glory. I think we were all very confident and jealous of the lucky Crows supporters at the ground to witness our teams first flag in 20 odd years.

But no.

I felt very sorry for the the supporters there at the ground. At least I could slink away to the fridge and hit the bottle. The atmosphere was like a wake. The champagne I brought to celebrate ended up in the recycle bin.

I didn't bother recording the game, because I knew Fox would be replaying it over and over for the next week. I haven't watched it, and I strongly doubt I ever will. Every now and then I'll flick on Fox Footy to see whats on, and if they're playing it I sometimes watch for a few mins (particularly if its in the first quarter), but I just get angry and disappointed all over again so turn it off.

Its a shame, because I actually have never really had anything against Richmond and would have been more than happy to see them win a GF (same with the Dogs last year), but I just can't be happy for them in this instance. I have nearly every GF spanning back to 89 in my collection, but I'll never add this one.

They thought everything was a Richmond free and after getting the most biased umpiring performances in the history of Grand Finals they still actually had the balls to complain about the umpiring.

i made a comment about a free kick we didn't get but Richmond got a exact same free kick 5 mins before, guy in front of me mouthed off to me saying the umpiring was ok and there wasnt a free kick o_O

I had bought a ticket in the AFL Members using a friend’s membership which is against their rules. He assured me I’d be fine as they ‘never check’.

In my infinite wisdom I thought I’d get there early to avoid scrutiny and to see the son of a mate’s mate who was playing in the U18 match.

As I went to go through the turnstiles I got a tap on the shoulder from an AFL dude wanting to see my membership pass (which I obviously couldn’t provide).

They did let me in but with the bonus of a $200 ‘upgrade fee’. From that moment I had sinking feeling that it wasn’t going to be my/our day.

After three minutes when Eddie slammed through our second I thought I’d been worrying about nothing but eventually my fears were realised.

Didn’t bother to even go out that night - went back to the hotel and had a comfort pizza whilst watching the replay with my eyes glazed over.

s**t day.

If I was you guys who went to the gf I would asking the players to compensate you for your expenses.

The coach made it clear the players effort was the determining factor in the result.

That is simply unacceptable considering the effort all members put in to pay thier wages and the things they gave up to attend the gf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t bother to even go out that night - went back to the hotel and had a comfort pizza whilst watching the replay with my eyes glazed over.

s**t day.

I wasn't going to go out that night either, until I got back to the hotel room and saw the rest of the crew with puffy red eyes drinking rum in their pjs.

Found a pub on the fringes of the cbd, far from the party, and spent the night rebutting well-wishers...

Random person #1: I feel your pain
Me: who do you follow?
RP1: Swans
Me: * off

Random person #2: I feel your pain
RP2: ah, Hawks. 2012 was terrib...
Me: * THE * OFF

Random person #3: I feel your pain
RP3: Fremantle
Me: ok you can stay. buy me a drink

I had bought a ticket in the AFL Members using a friend’s membership which is against their rules. He assured me I’d be fine as they ‘never check’.

In my infinite wisdom I thought I’d get there early to avoid scrutiny and to see the son of a mate’s mate who was playing in the U18 match.

As I went to go through the turnstiles I got a tap on the shoulder from an AFL dude wanting to see my membership pass (which I obviously couldn’t provide).

They did let me in but with the bonus of a $200 ‘upgrade fee’. From that moment I had sinking feeling that it wasn’t going to be my/our day.

After three minutes when Eddie slammed through our second I thought I’d been worrying about nothing but eventually my fears were realised.

s**t day.
You are the bravest of the brave - watching the GF live AND watching the replay on the same day!
Either that, or you're just maybe boring - nothing else better to do than watch the replay!

I wasn't going to go out that night either, until I got back to the hotel room and saw the rest of the crew with puffy red eyes drinking rum in their pjs.

Found a pub on the fringes of the cbd, far from the party, and spent the night rebutting well-wishers...

Random person #1: I feel your pain
RP1: Swans
Me: **** off

Random person #2: I feel your pain
RP2: ah, Hawks. 2012 was terrib...
Me: **** THE **** OFF

Random person #3: I feel your pain
RP3: Fremantle
Me: ok you can stay. buy me a drink
well, technically correct. atleast they can remember what premiership glory feels like

I was not at the game, however I walked out from my place of viewing early into the third. If I was at the game I would have stayed until the end of the game....so I am lucky that was not the case.

I recorded the game on Foxtel and just can't delete it. I think I will watch the game in Jan or Feb, face our loss, embrace our journey, and then quietly move on.

Back