Society/Culture Those who identify as left wing, what would you consider to be Extreme Left?

Remove this Banner Ad

What other faiths are you referring to?
I differentiate the good and bad faiths by the skin colour of the figurehead.

Jesus is white, so he's good.
Donald Trump is white, so he's also good.

All other gods I know of are coloured, so they're bad.

It's best to keep these discussions simple so you're in the realm of comprehension of the religious folk.

No news that extremists have more in common than they care to admit. But can you give some examples of anti-science from the extreme left? Not sure what you're referring to.
Anti GM tends to be left wing.
Anti-Vacc tended to be hippy left wing, although I seem to remember them being supported by Pauline Hanson in a sort of anti science alliance.
People who are into alternative medicine tend to be, but not exclusively more left wing in my experience.

Again, these things seem to be getting more support from the far right as they look for anti science alliances to join their fight against the science of climate change.

However the above is all anecdotal and not terribly scientific, and I stand to be corrected.

Anti GM tends to be left wing.
Anti-Vacc tended to be hippy left wing, although I seem to remember them being supported by Pauline Hanson in a sort of anti science alliance.
People who are into alternative medicine tend to be, but not exclusively more left wing in my experience.

Again, these things seem to be getting more support from the far right as they look for anti science alliances to join their fight against the science of climate change.

However the above is all anecdotal and not terribly scientific, and I stand to be corrected.

I reckon you're spot on. There's a lot of religious anti-vax types as well - and there's been a raise in people reporting themselves as religious in certain pockets of the US seeminly to claim religious exemption from vaccination. There's definitely some weird bedfellows.

We hear endlessly (in the media and on these boards) about what the far-right/alt-right is (woman hating, gay hating, white supremacist, Trump supporting etc.) and that is the subject of many other threads on this board but we hear very little about what the far-left is.

Honestly, I would like to hear from some of the left wing types in here about what they consider to be extreme Left wing ideas/theories/actions/policies and what makes them extreme in your opinion.

And please attack the ball, not the man.

(Conservative types, please refrain from posting until there is something to post about)
Not this guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back