Thought it Appropriate:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bring Back Roo Ruckle
I thought it was appropriate to come over here, as a Roo supporter.. as the Roos are playing the Hawks on the w/e.. now I really couldnt resist coming over here.. see now all I have to do is gloatie gloat gloat.. and thankyou very much.. for that guy I like to call John Baird......

*Gloats*
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gloatie gloat gloat.....

On saturday (or sunday.. or whenever the match is.. cant quite remember..) u hawk fans get to see just what u missed out on..:D Johnny Baird...

Thanks for reading..

And oh, btw- Good Luck:D

Go Roos!
Hehehee- sorry, couldnt resist..

Originally posted by tashibatts
I thought it was appropriate

You thought wrong! :mad:

Did i getcha! :p

Btw if you really want to gloat, London Tavern, Lennos st 12ish onwards Saturday.

Of course we are the ones that will be doing all the gloating after the game though! ;)

CARN THE HAWKS.

Most fanatic Hawks supporters already know the extent on Bairdys talent, which means we also know his weaknesses beter than anyone else.

He is a great player, and i'd love him in the brown and gold, but he isn't the type of player you want on a 1st or 2nd best forward.

He racks up alot of touches floating across the back line, and doesn't exactly compare to Mick Martyn in toughness of contests.

I wish him the best of luck with the Roos and i reckon he's doing a ripper job.....just don't do it this week.

Should be very interesting to see who he lines up on..

Dutchy, John Barker and Thommo (during his forward stints) would all be able to outmuscle him or lead off quicker than he can gain.

Although I recall he did kick a bag over in a game in England I think.... so Pagan could make a move there......

Originally posted by mattyc2422

He is a great player, and i'd love him in the brown and gold, but he isn't the type of player you want on a 1st or 2nd best forward.

That's interesting to hear, most Roos (including me) are pretty impressed by him. His composure and disposal are classy and he seems a well-timed spoiler.

You allude to his toughness which I must admit I stil haven't judged, was that considered a weak point for him? He also seems a little bit poor overhead for a 192cm player (tho that can be fixed).

Surprised you didn't keep him for key-pos depth (he'd be bas wage afterall) after losing you-know-who and McPharlin.

I'm curious that you mention his acceleration compared to your forward's takeoff - he seems pretty toey.

We couldn't keep the guy, as he was a VFL player. Up for graps for anyone.

I should probably clarify what I said. I considered his weakness was toughness, compared to the standard at AFL level. He isn't soft by a long shot, but he can work on that.

He also isn't slow, but at this stage in his career, I don't think he couldn't keep up with Dutchy Holland or Barker once they are get into the game going for a lead. But I'm happy to eat my words if he does a job on them this week,as he does have the ability to somehow stick on his forward whereever they are.

Maybe I'm just dillusional getting ready for this week, but a guy that looked destined for a VFL career 24 months ago has definatly impressed me at the Roos.

And if he ever gets sick of Blue and White stripes, then we will paint him Brown and Gold in a flash.

We gambled and lost that he would still be around for us to take with the pre-season draft selection.

He SHOULD have been taken at pick 48 (which went on S.Cox) in my and many other Hawk fans opinions.

Good luck to him for his career (but I hope he has a stinker this weekend)! ;)

North's backline is one of the toughest going around, so maybe that has helped Bairdy settle in and look so classy. Just an observation.

A big game for both sides. Here's hoping for a cracker. May the ales flow freely ('ave a good one at the Tavern) and the best side win.

Go Roos :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back