Thoughts for Geelong today

Remove this Banner Ad

Danny Chook Fan Club

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2001
Melbourne
First off, I'm glad I stayed out of the maidens, although I did manage to find all three placegetters in my six tips. $80 for a $60 trifecta if you took it.

Race 4 is a Class 1, and shapes as a typical Class 1 raffle. Far too many query runners to bet with confidence, and if I could afford it, I'd load up the quaddie leg.

Race 5: Keen on 2 - Havana Town. He drops in class on recent open class runs, has an excellent Geelong record (2:1-1-0) and was placed at his only try at the journey. 4 - Zedatzi will lead them up and probably start favourite, but he's a distance query for mine, and the extra ground will suit the 2. He's my bet for today.

Race 6: Should be able to narrow this leg to 1, 2 & 7. 2 is the query runner, hasn't raced in a year, but won a 1200m trial at Cranbourne recently, so would seem to be up for a tilt at 1500m first up.

Race 7: Excellent betting race if you've got a fancy. The Herald Sun has equal favourites of 6 & 7, neither of whom I'd be in any rush to back. I like the chances at odds of 1, 11 & 13.

Race 8: Excellent, even Class 3. Whatever wins, I expect this to be a good form race.

Bet: Race 5 No 2 Havana Town.
Quad: 1,2,3,4,6,8/2/1,2,7/1,6,7,11,13 - $45 (I'm not taking it myself, so don't kill me if it goes under).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back