Thoughts on a Tasmanian team.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Do you reckon there will be a Tasmanian team in the next 10-20 years?

If so how do you think they would go? Would they track better than the suns? What's the market like down there at the moment?

More importantly, what would they be called and what's the colours of the team? Also is the Tasmanian Devils ruled out because of the demons?

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Only if they relocated a smaller Melbourne team....considering Tasmania is basically country Victoria afterall.

It’s a tiny market though and has very small room for growth.

Would be better off putting another team in WA.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Only if they relocated a smaller Melbourne team....considering Tasmania is basically country Victoria afterall.

It’s a tiny market though and has very small room for growth.

Would be better off putting another team in WA.
Yeah I'm not against another WA team, would just like seeing a tassie and NT team to make it a national comp.

They are pretty footy mad down in tassie though, and a bit of noise is coming from down there regarding a state team. I think there would be more money to be made in tassie than in NT.

If they were going to relocate then you'd probably look at North or Saints I reckon, but I don't really want to see any team move states except maybe GC because who cares.

Where would a third WA team be located?

Sep 24, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah I'm not against another WA team, would just like seeing a tassie and NT team to make it a national comp.

They are pretty footy mad down in tassie though, and a bit of noise is coming from down there regarding a state team. I think there would be more money to be made in tassie than in NT...
Tasmania is a realistic chance to get its own team in the future. However the NT population is far too small and declining, so has no hope of getting a team.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Tasmania is a realistic chance to get its own team in the future. However the NT population is far too small and declining, so has no hope of getting a team.
Yeah it's sad. A NT could be amazing. There is a lot of talent up there.

Dunger

Premiership Player
Nov 28, 2008
-37.822165, 144.988143
AFL Club
Richmond
Two towns that hate each other sharing one team? Stupid. Give 'em two, Launceston Lizards and the Hobart Hammerheads.

The rivalry will draw crowds. If they don't draw crowds, who cares? The AFL shouldn't. Crowds for GC and GWS are low compared to other clubs yet the AFL persist with them.

Also two towns sharing one club... GWS have already done that.

Back