Thoughts on Chris Scott as coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump
Do cats fans want him extended or sacked?

He has three more years on his contract. The ink's only just dried. So I think either Geelong thinks he's the man to take them through a rebuild or they've lost the plot.

Anyway, I'll play along. If Scott was out of contract at the end of 2023, I'd either want to see a genuine top four/premiership contender (appears unlikely), or a clear shift to a 'play the kids policy (with at least 8-10 of our 2019 and later draft picks showing signs as long-term players), by this time next year. If neither was happening, or if our kids had been tried and weren't up to the standard, I'd have said it'd be time for a mutual parting of ways.

He has three more years on his contract. The ink's only just dried. So I think either Geelong thinks he's the man to take them through a rebuild or they've lost the plot.

Anyway, I'll play along. If Scott was out of contract at the end of 2023, I'd either want to see a genuine top four/premiership contender (appears unlikely), or a clear shift to a 'play the kids policy (with at least 8-10 of our 2019 and later draft picks showing signs as long-term players), I'd have said it'd be time for a mutual parting of ways.
Hasn’t officially signed
Out of contract this year

Unless you have a link to say he extended?

Hasn’t officially signed
Out of contract this year

Unless you have a link to say he extended?

Weird - there's this (including quotes from Scott) but nothing official from Geelong: ‘Is this still working?’: Chris Scott’s shock reveal over new Cats deal

Despite the mixed messages I'm happy to accept I got it wrong. I'm still willing to consider it a done deal on the strength of Hocking and Scott's comments, barring a Ross Lyon-esque defection. If not, you could bring my 12 month hypothetical forward to 3-4 months.

Weird - there's this (including quotes from Scott) but nothing official from Geelong: ‘Is this still working?’: Chris Scott’s shock reveal over new Cats deal

Despite the mixed messages I'm happy to accept I got it wrong. I'm still willing to consider it a done deal on the strength of Hocking and Scott's comments, barring a Ross Lyon-esque defection. If not, you could bring my 12 month hypothetical forward to 3-4 months.
Yep they are still negotiating

So it’s very much up in the air still, not the time to be losing

Yep they are still negotiating

So it’s very much up in the air still, not the time to be losing

The losing doesn't bother me. An early finals exit without a handful of players born after 2000 emerging as likely types for 2025 and beyond (joining Holmes and de Koning), would signal that it's time for a change of approach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back