Thoughts on hotel quarantine coming back. Can we trust it?

Remove this Banner Ad

For the record, research isn't Googling something or clicking on Facebook links.
I gave up on TV news and FB long ago...i have enough useless information wandering around my head without subjecting myself to any more brainwashing than is necessary. There are enough mindless people already who fall for the Manchurian Candidate hypnotism. The media work on maximum exposure to the lie...the truth doesn't matter squat. Brett Sutton might need another dose of what was handed around? I suppose i was brainwashed into being a Geelong supporter, but i knew what i was getting into from the beginning.

that can house 5000 people in one go?

remember we have a "baby" launch at 1100 a week. thats 2200-2500 in quarantineat anyone time (as some who are infected will take longer than 2 weeks to get a neg test).

Uni's are not an option (as they will be gearing to house international students when they return), and we dont have the kind of mining camps wa/nt/qld have.
Why do we need to host then all in one place?

NZ has several on the go, no more than 300 at a single facility.

I use NZ as the example due to the fact population and size are so similar to vic

I gave up on TV news and FB long ago...i have enough useless information wandering around my head without subjecting myself to any more brainwashing than is necessary. There are enough mindless people already who fall for the Manchurian Candidate hypnotism. The media work on maximum exposure to the lie...the truth doesn't matter squat. Brett Sutton might need another dose of what was handed around? I suppose i was brainwashed into being a Geelong supporter, but i knew what i was getting into from the beginning.
Genuine question....how does someone 'do their research' if they're not qualified to interpret the results and merits of scientific papers?

Unless you can, you're ultimately taking someone else's opinion as fact.

Why do we need to host then all in one place?

NZ has several on the go, no more than 300 at a single facility.

I use NZ as the example due to the fact population and size are so similar to vic

name 10 places we can use in country victoria suitable and secure enough to hold 500 people all at one time. Plus accommodate staff (security, medical, catering, cleaning, etc).

if this was easy as people think it is, the mining camp in NT wouldnt be the only place we do this - even Christmas Island was ditched.

name 10 places we can use in country victoria suitable and secure enough to hold 500 people all at one time. Plus accommodate staff (security, medical, catering, cleaning, etc).

if this was easy as people think it is, the mining camp in NT wouldnt be the only place we do this - even Christmas Island was ditched.
Surely there are 10 hotels/motels within a reasonable distance of Geelong, warrnambool, Ballarat, Bendigo and Traralgon?
You don't need to accommodate all 500+ in one location, as long as the location is secure

Surely there are 10 hotels/motels within a reasonable distance of Geelong, warrnambool, Ballarat, Bendigo and Traralgon?
You don't need to accommodate all 500+ in one location, as long as the location is secure

motels wont work - 10-20 rooms holding 1-2 people each would need over 125 sites to be on board.

thats 125+ sites that need 24/7 security AND police AND medical on site, plus cleaners and caterers, plus managementhatt to ensure everything is working.

micro sites massively increases the fixed staffing resources overall that are needed, and stretches management oversight to breaking point. its a recipe for another staffing failure.

It's a moot point now but the RACV resorts could have easily been used. I tend to remember the RACV were offering them up as potential hospitals at one stage

etc

Here in SA lessons learnt:
- Don't make the Medi hotels in the heart of the CBD, it has the potential to spread more quickly if there is a breach.

Next minute:
- SA has established a new Medi hotel site.....in the CBD.....

With how our health system is positioned and what resources we have at the moment, I'm less worried about the virus itself and more worried about the decision makers at the moment.

SA Health are at the heart a very incompetence department. They have performed well so far in regards to Covid but are due to pull an SA Health and * it all up.

I got a friend who moved to San Fransisco for work five years ago. He has come back to visit once but loves it over there and when he came back and over social media has been fairly critical of Australia. He talks up how great it is living over there.

Anyway given the pandemic and restrictions he has decided to come back until it blows over (his words) in the US and then he will head back.

I get that he is Australian and I like the guy but I don't think that is the type of person we should be taking big risks on to bring them home.

We moved back from NSW to WA at the end of last year and came to the conclusion that WA couldn't handle an outbreak if it occurred here.

The whole system they have in place here at the airport is a complete shemozzle.

If the virus was on that plane it would've gone through a heap of travellers.

Here's what we experienced;

- on a flight of about 300 people for nearly 5 hours. No social distancing
- half wore masks so if it was on the plane it was throughout the plane. You had people walking up and down the aisles for the whole flight. No social distancing
- those who wore masks didn't have to replace them at the airport. All their hands could've been infected
- the whole flight was in a 20 x 20-metre room, lined up back and worth waiting to be processed. No social distancing
- when you left that room you were free to mingle with the locals when waiting for your bags. No social distancing
- people were hugging and kissing friends/family at the airport. No social distancing
- you were free to be taken home by family/friends/taxi/Uber. No social distancing
- anyone could've stopped off on the way to your place of residence. No social distancing

If there was an outbreak on that plane you wouldn't have known early, only if someone reported feeling sick or if your test results after 11 days came back as positive.

There's so much left to luck when coming into WA it's not funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back