Thoughts on Media Piracy

Remove this Banner Ad

You know Photo's,Music,Games and Video's.

I reckon most people here would Download Video and Music for Free if they Can. Espically through Torrent's and Maybe Warez Sites. You can find stuff even Through Google.

My Stance is that if things where Priced Cheaper I would buy it or If I can't get it in Australia then I might download it. I do never sell it and make money out of it. It's for my Private Use.

So I was wondering what are people's thought's on this?

You're stealing stuff. Doesn't matter what your intent is, it's still theft of intellectual property and forcing artists to lose their hard-earned.

You like it, you buy it.

Well that I have been doing - For Example I downloaded a Dragonball Z Budaki Tenchi 3 for the PS2 and then I brought it:thumbsu:

But most of my Stuff is from like MLB TV and NFL TV which we can't get in Australia:mad: or from Foxtel which I think Rip Us Off

i download everything.Movies, Tv shows, pc games,I rarely watch free to air TV anymore cept for sport

im not losing any sleep over it either

I have a Friend(NOT ME) Who download Complete Series of TV Shows and Just Watch them on there Computer or On the TV

nothing, whats wrong with downloading Tv shows,even whole series?

You read sherriffs post?

I'm not innocent I've downloaded stuff, but generally I will pay if it's a band I love I'll buy same with movies etc

the foo fighters for instance are my favourite band so I'm not going to just dl their music, so they get nothing from my enjoyment of their craft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry i dont buy the if "I really like it,I will buy it" rant to justify it

you either buy it all or you download(steal) it all

I download it all.I will repent on my deathbed:)

this just doesn't make any sense :confused:
i download heaps and could find anything I wanted, but bands that I really enjoy, I buy their music. They deserve to be compensated for their work. You think recording sessions and producers are free? And I for one am thankful that these people have decided to dedicate their life to something that I get a heap of enjoyment out of. I own every tool, kyuss, megadeth, qotsa and numerous other albums, but I have shitloads of music that I wouldn't pay for, and wouldn't care if the band never released another record.

As an example Jerry, family guy was axed twice fir low ratings and according to the creator Seth mcfarlane it's because most if the fans downloaded, instead, Of watching fox

futurama and groening have a similar story. It was only when the films stewie griffin untold story and the futurama three were released direct to DVD, to huge sales were they re commisioned.

That's two very clear examples of downloading fans almost killing their fav show

this just doesn't make any sense :confused:
i download heaps and could find anything I wanted, but bands that I really enjoy, I buy their music. They deserve to be compensated for their work. You think recording sessions and producers are free? And I for one am thankful that these people have decided to dedicate their life to something that I get a heap of enjoyment out of. I own every tool, kyuss, megadeth, qotsa and numerous other albums, but I have shitloads of music that I wouldn't pay for, and wouldn't care if the band never released another record.

whats the difference between downloading "s**t music" and "good" music,your still downloading or getting it off mates it and then not paying for the "s**t" music.In reality, your still stealing it like me.

Those s**t bands need to pay for those recording studios and producers too:)

As an example Jerry, family guy was axed twice fir low ratings and according to the creator Seth mcfarlane it's because most if the fans downloaded, instead, Of watching fox

futurama and groening have a similar story. It was only when the films stewie griffin untold story and the futurama three were released direct to DVD, to huge sales were they re commisioned.

That's two very clear examples of downloading fans almost killing their fav show

fair,enough.I dont doubt this at all,what im doing is wrong,I have no qualms about it,Good thing i dont watch Family Guy

something,something,something......Darkside

whats the difference between downloading "s**t music" and "good" music,your still downloading or getting it off mates it and then not paying for the "s**t" music.In reality, your still stealing it like me.

Those s**t bands need to pay for those recording studios and producers too:)

but I have shitloads of music that I wouldn't pay for, and wouldn't care if the band never released another record.

yep I have stolen it all. Never denied that.

I have over a terrabyte worth of tv shows and music. If I really like something, then I buy it. Those people are trying to make a living. If it weren't for people buying Family Guy on DVD after it got cancelled, then it would never have come back to tv. Ditto Futurama.

Spot On Family Guy is a Great Example

Remove this Banner Ad

Back