Discussion Thoughts on Non-playing/alternative colours of clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

neogh

Senior List
Apr 17, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dolphins, MVFC
For instance Hawthorn with Navy in the early 2000s, and recently with North Melbourne and especially Carlton with Orange, which looks quite strange but interesting.

We have Grey as an alternative colour which is featured through our logo, but that had a brief usage between 2012 to 2015.

Should other clubs have an alternative colour used off the field?

For instance Hawthorn with Navy in the early 2000s, and recently with North Melbourne and especially Carlton with Orange, which looks quite strange but interesting.

We have Grey as an alternative colour which is featured through our logo, but that had a brief usage between 2012 to 2015.

Should other clubs have an alternative colour used off the field?
Many clubs have training jumpers in non-club colours, some of which work well and others just seem totally wrong. But I guess you're getting at a single colour to become a team's off-field gear colour? Port had a magenta/pink training jumper this year which looked good, but I don't think I'd like to see those colours given much more prominence than currently (heritage jumpers aside). So perhaps those clubs that have used different colours in the past could give a nod to their history by using them in off-field gear. If a team wants to use an unrelated colour it would really have to be complimentary to their existing palette I'd reckon.

Yeah I personally don’t like how grey is creeping into the suns gear the past few years. Our colours are red, gold and blue. There is no point that it includes grey!

Yeah I personally don’t like how grey is creeping into the suns gear the past few years. Our colours are red, gold and blue. There is no point that it includes grey!
If they are so interested in bringing a darker flavour in the form of a non-club colour to the merch I don't understand why they wouldn't just go the whole hog and add black. Would feel more natural and less forced, and it being forced makes it compete with the club colours.

Have always loved North adding dashes of Orange in their training gear and media polos (though I guess my name gives that away :p). Be interesting to see if Puma decides to bring it back during their run.

I like it.

Just having extra unofficial colour, makes collecting merch a little bit more fun, I always tend to scoop it up when it's added.

I'd like to see a preseason where all teams introduce an unofficial colour

For off-field gear such as training shirts, I don't really care what my clubs use. It's the on-field stuff that matters

Interesting photos here. Simon Goodwin was awarded the Jock McHale medal last night but wearing one of the players Premiership Medals today
E474B3BE-83D0-4254-A100-C88DBEE3CC9C.jpeg A7136A97-DDD2-4838-9E40-00629449AA4C.jpeg

Geelong have had 3 training jumpers that I always thought would make excellent away/alternative jumpers if the AFL actually implemented a genuine alternative away jumper policy.

1633159743272.png
1633159750776.png
1633159761713.png

Green and white hoops would absolutely not clash with Collingwood and North in anyway and that training jumper looks great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back