Thread for supporters who feel lost

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
repent-the-end-is-nigh-ye-must-be-cleansed.png

My biggest concern about Hawthorn's trading is that they've not gone for the now, but still traded out their 1st and 2nd pick from this years draft. If they fall down the ladder they could have given up some very tasty picks indeed.

Again with this crap!
Ling, Ottens, Wojak, Mooney, Scarlett all retired on their own terms.

We even helped Wojak get to 200 games when he was barely VFL worthy and running on fumes.

The coach tried to get every last drop of energy out of Bartel, Stokes and Kelly and is doing so again with Lonergan given there is only three fit and viable key defenders, one of which has to play forward because the club failed with Brown, Walker, Kersten and Vardy.

The only blokes who were pushed out, and it showed, were Milburn and Johnson. The others were well over the hill and holding us back.

Rubbish, he moved on Bartel who clearly wanted to keep going, he moved on Johnson and also chapman, he made plenty of decision. he chose to play milburn in and out of the side as well as playing wojonski as a reserves most of his final year if not all. He even didn't bring mooney back for the finals, we know bomber Thompson would have had him rushing back into the side and booted it Hawkins for the grand final.and would also have kept playing Johnson Bartel chapman stokes etc. here's a quick look at the mooney one from a snippet.

“I did the training leading into the finals and sat down with Scotty (coach Chris Scott) and I could see he had tears in his eyes — I thought I was going to come back into the side — and I was like ‘oh, this isn’t a good start’,” Mooney said on SEN.

“He goes, ‘mate I can’t go with you, I’m going to go with the young fella (Tom) Hawkins. I can’t give you a reason why, it’s just a gut feel’.

We know bomber Thompson wouldn't have had the balls to ever do this. Scott was able to make the hard tough calls on our veterans over the years. We know that's a reason Thompson fled for the hills and went to another club, he knew there was going to be many tough decisions to come over the years with the senior players and he didn't have the guts to stick around and make the right choices, so Scott has come in and cleaned up his mess and done a respectful job of handling the phase out and doing the tough calls.

Rubbish, he moved on Bartel who clearly wanted to keep going, he moved on Johnson and also chapman, he made plenty of decision. he chose to play milburn in and out of the side as well as playing wojonski as a reserves most of his final year if not all. He even didn't bring mooney back for the finals, we know bomber Thompson would have had him rushing back into the side and booted it Hawkins for the grand final.and would also have kept playing Johnson Bartel chapman stokes etc. here's a quick look at the mooney one from a snippet.

“I did the training leading into the finals and sat down with Scotty (coach Chris Scott) and I could see he had tears in his eyes — I thought I was going to come back into the side — and I was like ‘oh, this isn’t a good start’,” Mooney said on SEN.

“He goes, ‘mate I can’t go with you, I’m going to go with the young fella (Tom) Hawkins. I can’t give you a reason why, it’s just a gut feel’.

We know bomber Thompson wouldn't have had the balls to ever do this. Scott was able to make the hard tough calls on our veterans over the years. We know that's a reason Thompson fled for the hills and went to another club, he knew there was going to be many tough decisions to come over the years with the senior players and he didn't have the guts to stick around and make the right choices, so Scott has come in and cleaned up his mess and done a respectful job of handling the phase out and doing the tough calls.

you arent the only one who does this, and im sorry to single you out here - but we fans on here do not know any such things... we assume, and often assert as fact, our read on situations...

if we could all take a step back from 'right at all costs' and share and intermingle our subjective opinions on the club, we might all have a more inclusive and rewarding time - and actually get somewhere.

this thread and a few like it contain a lot of pure dogmatic bull****, on both sides.

Whilst ending up being the correct call, I can't say I'm completely satisfied with a coach making 'gut feel' calls.

"Supporters like myself?"

You mean a GFC supporter. A supporter that supports the club but also does not mind looking at it critically when the occasion calls for it but is not myopic in that criticism. Thats what we all are isn't it? Or you prefer some other moniker? Im not sure what you think of yourself but im a GFC member and supporter. Plain and true. Just the same as everyone most everyone else on here. By your comment you seem to feel otherwise.

That thread you speak of got locked. Was unnecessary. We have plenty of threads to discuss GFC already in existence on a variety of topics.

You have no issue shitfighting/ramming your POV down peoples throats to the detriment of the overall attitude of the board itself in a broader sense ( not the opinion but the persistent, argumentative combative presentation of it) on one hand but then on the other hand you want to keep people out of your own conversations.

Cant have it both ways.

After all, we are all GFC supporters here right?

oh.. and GFC supporters will post where ever the hell we want. You get zero say in that.

Carry on.

Go Catters
Why was that thread locked? For the longest of times I've heard you and others who rarely say a critical word about the GFC whinge about the board being too hostile, too negative, overcritical etc. Then when I create a thread for you lot you go and close it?!?

I mean you call me combative when all I'm trying to do is give you a place to be really positive about the club in peace but yet you close it and still post in here for no other reason than to create hostility?!? Seeds created this thread for supporters who feel lost, not for supporters who want to wind up supporters who feel lost - if you truly care about the tone of the board re-open the other thread and go back to it.

Id say that PFD, Hendo and 2E on exposed form have fitted pretty well into our systems.

Go Catters
You can say that then, but I don't know what relevance it has to me saying Mitchell and O'meara have years to be incorporated in to Hawthorn's systems.

Why was that thread locked? For the longest of times I've heard you and others who rarely say a critical word about the GFC whinge about the board being too hostile, too negative, overcritical etc. Then when I create a thread for you lot you go and close it?!?

I mean you call me combative when all I'm trying to do is give you a place to be really positive about the club in peace but yet you close it and still post in here for no other reason than to create hostility?!? Seeds created this thread for supporters who feel lost, not for supporters who want to wind up supporters who feel lost - if you truly care about the tone of the board re-open the other thread and go back to it.
The thread was locked because we are not going down a path of one thread for positive opinions and another for negative ones. That's now how a forum works. People who want to enjoy only the company of those that share their views won't be comfortable in a forum where differences of opinion are intrinsic and even encouraged.

As I've always said if someone doesn't like being challenged on their opinion maybe a forum isn't for them. Try speaking to your cat or a brick wall instead.

We did long before you got here and still will long after you are gone.

GO Catters

As I've always said if someone doesn't like being challenged on their opinion maybe a forum isn't for them. Try speaking to your cat or a brick wall instead.
I'm perfectly happy being challenged about my opinion, I mean it's pretty much all that happens to me on here, but when somebody opens a thread specifically for posters who feel lost in relation to the GFC and it's completely inundated with posters who feel the opposite I think it's time they had their own thread where they can freely express their opinion with the relevant title attached.

When it really get's down to it the problem for you is all the entertaining and charismatic posters on here are quite critical of the club, so the real reason you closed the thread I created is because you don't want to have sit in there twiddling your thumbs with all the other mundane 'everything the GFC does is great' supporters. I don't blame you in a way but it'd just be nice to be truthful about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did long before you got here and still will long after you are gone.

GO Catters
Yep you care so much that a thread is created almost guaranteeing only positive interactions about the club and amongst its participants and you go and close it?!?

Says it all really.

Bomber Thompson's Geelong created the blueprint for how a full rebuild was/is done, before then no team had rebuilt as comprehensively or in such a methodical planned way. That began in the year 2000 and since then The Bulldogs and Saints combined have done 2 and a half of such rebuilds with 4 GF's and a flag the result. Geelong's current system of list management has returned 2 finals wins from 8 finals in 5 years. In short traditional rebuilds are proven to have had success, building your team, rather than topping it off, with mercenaries has delivered absolutely nothing.

By regressing from a preliminary final to a semi-final and then to missing out altogether. I'd love to see this blueprint.

Yep you care so much that a thread is created almost guaranteeing only positive interactions about the club and amongst its participants and you go and close it?!?

Says it all really.
Yup..

It shows that the ethos to maintain the welcoming and good natured spirit of the board as a place for GFC supporters to congregate and discuss all things GFC is more important than your belief in your right to persistently attempt to bring it down to an intensely argumentative level.

The maintenance of the environment for the board is more important than your soap box and bullhorn.

Meanwhile, back at the hut for the disenfranchised and those unable to post after a win, what is the flavour of the communal coffee today? Hazelnut, Mocha or just plain bitter?

Id say that most supporters were pretty happy with the turn of events in Perth last week, and im looking forward to seeing more of it, and further development and expansion of it this week against North. Long may it continue.

Go Catters

Yup..

It shows that the ethos to maintain the welcoming and good natured spirit of the board as a place for GFC supporters to congregate and discuss all things GFC is more important than your belief in your right to persistently attempt to bring it down to an intensely argumentative level.

The maintenance of the environment for the board is more important than your soap box and bullhorn.

Meanwhile, back at the hut for the disenfranchised and those unable to post after a win, what is the flavour of the communal coffee today? Hazelnut, Mocha or just plain bitter?

Id say that most supporters were pretty happy with the turn of events in Perth last week, and im looking forward to seeing more of it, and further development and expansion of it this week against North. Long may it continue.

Go Catters

I'd say the biggest reason not to have a "positive" thread is simply due to the board and club as a whole being positive.
Those who are negative about the club require their own segregated thread for a pretty obvious and logical reason.

I'd say the biggest reason not to have a "positive" thread is simply due to the board and club as a whole being positive.
Those who are negative about the club require their own segregated thread for a pretty obvious and logical reason.
Honestly it's become a joke on here. It's clear black and white that there are a group on here who have intentions to simply troll and cause arguments. If any of these things where said as another club supporter it would be called trolling, but since you tick the Geelong supporter box it's considered "opinion". I think the moderators need to have a serious overhaul and adjust things to the changing times and circumstances the board has fallen into. It has gotten to the extent that right after a finals win against hawthorn at the MCG we have a barrage of posts sulking about the club, even some being disrespectful in their ways to Geelong posters who have died. Yes this is all opinion they lost, but it's clear what's really going on and why these people are posting and it's trolling. Simply a lot of good quality posters are going to leave the board or disengage.

The reality of the situation needs to be opened up to

Simply a lot of good quality posters are going to leave the board or disengage.
I think good quality posters are leaving for varying reasons, just not as you imagine and for the complete opposite of what you assume. Actually I know that as fact.

I'm well aware of what your definition of good quality posters would look like
In case you're wondering ... not you. :)

You're one of those that sees nothing wrong with anything the club does ... can't see the forest for the trees types. :thumbsu:

That's why I created the thread for those that want to express such positive views, how is such a statement/post like yours above relevant in a thread titled 'Thread for supporters who feel lost?' I just can't understand how you can genuinely sit here talking about maintenance of the environment of the board being more important than me having a soap box when I created a thread you can actually escape me and all like me in, yet you close it?

What's so bad about having a thread where posters can express and re-enforce positive views about the club?

Honestly it's become a joke on here. It's clear black and white that there are a group on here who have intentions to simply troll and cause arguments. If any of these things where said as another club supporter it would be called trolling
Yeah look in the mirror, why are you posting in a thread with a title that clearly represents the opposite of what you feel about the club?? I would hazard a guess it's because you want to cause trouble in here deliberately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back