Toast Thread of Appreciation

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly welcome to ' Club Crazy' you won't be alone around herešŸ˜‰. Secondly yes I agree, who in their right mind would strap timber to their feet at hurtle down a mountain. That can only end badly. And yes driving in snow is something my tiny mind cannot ever consider to be a good idea. I've never done it tbh. But one day I plan on disconnecting my brakes to simulate snow driving.

The view of the pacific is stunning and yes you're correct about the Hummingbird. Just lucky for us, we can be in front of the roaring fire while the" hummingbird" due to modern technology can send us pics of the pacific so we can all enjoy it together.šŸ˜

Haha, you crack me up TAO - cheers!

And you don't want to be using your brakes much in snow anyway - you're best to gear down and accelerate slowly through. ;):thumbsu:

šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒØšŸš™šŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ² šŸšŸŒ²šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒ² :snowman:šŸŒ²šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒØ:walking:šŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒØ

Came into work today and saw that the boss had made us a vegan chocolate "Covid Cake"! (she makes the best vegan chocolate cake on the planet, by the way) She even put sprinkles on it to make it look like the virus! Haha. Oh dear. This is what it's come to in my world. But I'll gladly take it!

It was one year ago today that we closed our doors to all humans, and it's been an adventure. Our boss sent us all an email that night that began with "I love each one of you", and it outlined our "Covid plan" and what to do if one of us got sick. We didn't really know what the future of the practice would be like back then, but we're still going, still no humans allowed inside, still doing all kinds of weird and wonderful things to patients in the parking lot. We made it through Winter out there, and the vernal equinox is happily fast upon us. I feel like I could write a book about this year.

British Columbia is still seeing between 550-600 new Covid cases a day. It's generally agreed that we're in our third wave here, but no one really wants to say it. I mean, what's the point? At this stage, it just is what it is.

So far it looks like I'll be eligible to get vaccinated in July. :praying:

Until then, APPRECIATION! for our "Covid Anniversary Cake" today. May it be the first and last. šŸ• šŸˆ

Covid cake March 16 2021.jpg

Came into work today and saw that the boss had made us a vegan chocolate "Covid Cake"! (she makes the best vegan chocolate cake on the planet, by the way) She even put sprinkles on it to make it look like the virus! Haha. Oh dear. This is what it's come to in my world. But I'll gladly take it!

It was one year ago today that we closed our doors to all humans, and it's been an adventure. Our boss sent us all an email that night that began with "I love each one of you", and it outlined our "Covid plan" and what to do if one of us got sick. We didn't really know what the future of the practice would be like back then, but we're still going, still no humans allowed inside, still doing all kinds of weird and wonderful things to patients in the parking lot. We made it through Winter out there, and the vernal equinox is happily fast upon us. I feel like I could write a book about this year.

British Columbia is still seeing between 550-600 new Covid cases a day. It's generally agreed that we're in our third wave here, but no one really wants to say it. I mean, what's the point? At this stage, it just is what it is.

Until then, APPRECIATION! for our "Covid Anniversary Cake" today. May it be the first and last. šŸ• šŸˆ

View attachment 1079064
any chance of PMĆ­ng the recipe? My daughter keeps trying to cook a Vegan cake that tastes good and as yet she's failed to succeed.

Haha, you crack me up TAO - cheers!

And you don't want to be using your brakes much in snow anyway - you're best to gear down and accelerate slowly through. ;):thumbsu:

šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒØšŸš™šŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ² šŸšŸŒ²šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒ² :snowman:šŸŒ²šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒØšŸŒØšŸŒØ:walking:šŸŒØšŸŒ²šŸŒ²šŸŒØ

Thanks for the heads up I've reconnected my brakes and yes I apparently crack up alot of people. I had to pick mum up from John Allison Monkhouse. So I fronted and asked if Claire ***** was available she's asked to see me . The dude who FYI was far too happy in his role to work in such an establishment, but that so worked for me. Hit the button and asked whether Claire was around he said, she's not answering.šŸ˜±

He then winked and stated , I'll see if I can find her lol.

View attachment 1079064

yes that would be the perfect dessert after a decent feed of beef ribsšŸ‘

any chance of PMĆ­ng the recipe? My daughter keeps trying to cook a Vegan cake that tastes good and as yet she's failed to succeed.

okay kt, I'll just leave this here -

This is for a 2-layer cake, with icing between the layers

3 cups flour

6 tablespoons dark Dutch cocoa powder

sift flour and cocoa powder together...

then add-

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 tsp salt

2 tsp baking soda

2 cups cold water

1 1/2 cups oil (I use canola)

2 tsp vanilla

2 tablespoons white vinegar (yes, you need! do not skip!)

Mix well, then pour into two cake pans

Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes

The icing:

1 1/3 cup of powdered (icing) sugar

1/3 cup of dark Dutch cocoa powder

sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder together..

blend in-

2 tablespoons of margarine - I use Earth Balance Buttery Spread, as it's really close to butter in flavour, but not sure if you guys have it down there https://www.earthbalancenatural.com/spreads/original-buttery-spread

1/2 tsp vanilla

2-4 tablespoons of water to desired texture

Ice the top of one cake and then top it with the other, and then ice the whole thing, and you're done!

Enjoy! And if you like it, then you can always make one as a gift for someone you appreciate. :)

Appreciation to our girls for still managing to find the time to play footy for us - and exceptionally good footy at that - while also working full time jobs, giving birth, tending to others, caretaking the Roo Shop, driving 91 kms to Arden Street just for training.. Appreciation for just how hard they work off the field as regular people, and what that means in the realm of Shinboner.

Also, massive appreciation to Jas for submitting Jenna's late Draft nomination! Awesome work as usual. ;)šŸ’™

'Jenna Bruton was considered one of the top prospects in the inaugural AFLW Draft in 2016, but her name was never read out.

Thatā€™s because in the lead-up to the ground-breaking night, her world was turned upside-down.

In late 2015 Brutonā€™s mum, Suzy, was diagnosed with brain cancer and she immediately became her full-time carer.

ā€œI honestly wasnā€™t sure about nominating for the draft,ā€ she told North Media.

ā€œI didnā€™t want to commit if I couldnā€™t manage mumā€™s treatments and helping her.ā€

It was a sacrifice, but one Bruton never hesitated to make because for her, family always comes first.

ā€œMy family was disappointed that I didnā€™t nominate, but Iā€™m glad I made that choice, and I donā€™t regret it,ā€ she explained.

ā€œMy family are my priority, and I have a great relationship with both of my parents.

ā€œMum used to drive me everywhere for sport, while working on the farm pretty much seven days a week.ā€

Although Brutonā€™s entry to the top level was delayed, sheā€™s certainly made up for lost time.

A North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroosā€™ club champion and two-time all-Australian squad member, Bruton is a genuine star of the competition and one of the hardest working players in the league. Jenna is a no-nonsense type of player and teammate ... she is always working to get the best out of herself.

Three nights a week, the 25-year-old makes a 91-kilometre trek to Arden Street for training from her home-town, north-west of Melbourne.

ā€œI grew up in a small town called Trentham with my two older brothers, Lewis and Sam, who I also began my footy journey with when I was seven,ā€ Bruton said.

ā€œI played for Trentham until I was too old to play with the boys and then had nowhere else to play after that.

ā€œEventually, Ballarat started a youth girls league, and I played for Golden Point Football Club for the following three years.ā€

Bruton joined the St Kilda Sharks in the VFLW and was eventually drafted to the Western Bulldogs in 2017.

Alongside her family, Jennaā€™s partner and fellow North Melbourne star, Jas Garner, also provides a huge amount of support.

In fact, it was Garner who submitted Jennaā€™s belated Draft nomination.

The pair live on a 1000-acre potato farm along with two of the most spoilt dogs in the world, Bronson and Honey.

ā€œThe three most important things in my life are my family, Jas, Bronson and Honey,ā€ Jenna proudly stated.

ā€œEver since mum was diagnosed our family has gotten a lot closer, and I certainly donā€™t ever take anything for granted.

ā€œBoth of my parents have always encouraged me to be the best I could be, and I run out every week not taking things for granted, but also to repay them for all they have done.ā€

Appreciation to our girls for still managing to find the time to play footy for us - and exceptionally good footy at that - while also working full time jobs, giving birth, tending to others, caretaking the Roo Shop, driving 91 kms to Arden Street just for training.. Appreciation for just how hard they work off the field as regular people, and what that means in the realm of Shinboner.

Also, massive appreciation to Jas for submitting Jenna's late Draft nomination! Awesome work as usual. ;)šŸ’™

'Jenna Bruton was considered one of the top prospects in the inaugural AFLW Draft in 2016, but her name was never read out.

Thatā€™s because in the lead-up to the ground-breaking night, her world was turned upside-down.

In late 2015 Brutonā€™s mum, Suzy, was diagnosed with brain cancer and she immediately became her full-time carer.

ā€œI honestly wasnā€™t sure about nominating for the draft,ā€ she told North Media.

ā€œI didnā€™t want to commit if I couldnā€™t manage mumā€™s treatments and helping her.ā€

It was a sacrifice, but one Bruton never hesitated to make because for her, family always comes first.

ā€œMy family was disappointed that I didnā€™t nominate, but Iā€™m glad I made that choice, and I donā€™t regret it,ā€ she explained.

ā€œMy family are my priority, and I have a great relationship with both of my parents.

ā€œMum used to drive me everywhere for sport, while working on the farm pretty much seven days a week.ā€

Although Brutonā€™s entry to the top level was delayed, sheā€™s certainly made up for lost time.

A North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroosā€™ club champion and two-time all-Australian squad member, Bruton is a genuine star of the competition and one of the hardest working players in the league. Jenna is a no-nonsense type of player and teammate ... she is always working to get the best out of herself.

Three nights a week, the 25-year-old makes a 91-kilometre trek to Arden Street for training from her home-town, north-west of Melbourne.

ā€œI grew up in a small town called Trentham with my two older brothers, Lewis and Sam, who I also began my footy journey with when I was seven,ā€ Bruton said.

ā€œI played for Trentham until I was too old to play with the boys and then had nowhere else to play after that.

ā€œEventually, Ballarat started a youth girls league, and I played for Golden Point Football Club for the following three years.ā€

Bruton joined the St Kilda Sharks in the VFLW and was eventually drafted to the Western Bulldogs in 2017.

Alongside her family, Jennaā€™s partner and fellow North Melbourne star, Jas Garner, also provides a huge amount of support.

In fact, it was Garner who submitted Jennaā€™s belated Draft nomination.

The pair live on a 1000-acre potato farm along with two of the most spoilt dogs in the world, Bronson and Honey.

ā€œThe three most important things in my life are my family, Jas, Bronson and Honey,ā€ Jenna proudly stated.

ā€œEver since mum was diagnosed our family has gotten a lot closer, and I certainly donā€™t ever take anything for granted.

ā€œBoth of my parents have always encouraged me to be the best I could be, and I run out every week not taking things for granted, but also to repay them for all they have done.ā€

1000 acre spud farm at Trentham.

There used to be an old fella who grew potatoes out that way who was a great farmer. Between Trentham and Tylden. Had about 50 varieties of potato. Most (non Tasmanian) people think are about three. He used to have a red car boot painted with yellow lettering to advertise his spuds and said it worked well. He stole the idea from Macca's...

Its an awesome and trippy part of Victoria. Trentham Falls is a great spot. Could even find shrooms there once upon a time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what, with all the negativity
Iā€™m thankful for the fact I have a club I love and have all you great people around to help us all along this dark dark placeā€¦.
I keep looking for little wins
Sopwiths North bump on your thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back