Thread of #ECI

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been away for the past 3 weeks so watched our games with a stink eye in the middle of the night but..

I'm Emotionally Checked In

Why? Why indeed? I'm thinking as I write. Why?

Crap games. Crap scoring. Crap turnovers.

Why?

It's because what I do. I love the game and our club.

Why?

I wish I didn't.

Why?

Because the game is so insane and the feeling in a pumping stadium is beyond anything I've ever felt.

Better.

Why the Saints?

Because you have to understand us.

What's us?

Broke, Down on our knees, 80' desolation, getting the greatest goal kicker of all time, losing him, 97 run, losing 97 GF, bottom again, GT years bringing back pride, Prelim hell, RTB, Grand Final hell. Pain. Decade of pain.

Great. Why #ECI ?

Because I see a path. There is another thread but for an optimist I can't be that. I see a lot of hope in our list.

I'm #ECI

Bring it on!

I applaud your courage. Love like you've never had your heart broken.
bloody oath. Has been broken but in a league of us being forced to living on our knees I'm done.

The other thread is us broken. What does not broken look like?

Trying the old George Costanza method of doing the opposite.

It might work for us like it did for George in that one episode.

Trying the old George Costanza method of doing the opposite.

It might work for us like it did for George in that one episode.
Maybe Ross and the boys could do that for one game see how it works:

Marshall deftly taps it out of the ruck to Seb Ross who breaks 2 tackles and runs away from the pack, spotting up Brad Hill with a laser-guided bullet pass straight up the corridor. Hill marks strongly and handballs effectively into the arms of Ryan Byrnes who again attacks the corridor, fends off Oliver strongly, breaks a tackle and patiently waits for Jack Higgins who looks around and finds a teammate in a better position - Max King streaming out from full forward takes a strong chest mark with Steven May doing all he can to spoil. Confindent and relaxed, Max runs in and kicks his eighth goal of the game. Saints players from all over the field come to celebrate with him, no one more animated than Jack Steele who tells the players in no uncertain terms who the victors of this enthralling game with a sell out crowd will be. He then steams into a couple of Demons players and gets in their face a little too much and gets a word from the umpire.

Saints win with 23 goals, 4 behinds and no injuries and surely all 3 Brownlow votes in the bag.

Your not Robinson Crusoe there Miha.

But....there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Hold on....it's another train.....coming straight for us.

:) :)
All aboard!!!

Yes things have run off the rails this year , but I truly believe we have a good list that is developing - our backline is performing ok and is young enough for a while to come(except Webster)
- our forward line is young and basically starved due to bad , slow delivery into forward 50

- our midfield the problem - we have good honest workers but just don't have that game changer and this where our development comes into it --- now is the time to find that kid - Windhager , Henry , Owens even Nas --- Wilson , Phillipou , Garcia , Hastie are still on the young side but should be trained and played as mids either in the AFL or VFL.

Yes things have run off the rails this year , but I truly believe we have a good list that is developing - our backline is performing ok and is young enough for a while to come(except Webster)
- our forward line is young and basically starved due to bad , slow delivery into forward 50

- our midfield the problem - we have good honest workers but just don't have that game changer and this where our development comes into it --- now is the time to find that kid - Windhager , Henry , Owens even Nas --- Wilson , Phillipou , Garcia , Hastie are still on the young side but should be trained and played as mids either in the AFL or VFL.
Midfield a huge problem.
Delivery forward is awful.
Presentation and patterns forward is also awful. King standing still and waving the ball long is a disaster.

A footy season is a beautiful thing. Almost like a song should be written...there a days when you could give it up, there are days when you could fly.

We have a lot of pieces of the jigsaw. Including coaching. Whilst I'd have taken a close loss for end of year draft position I'm equally wrapt that our boys dug deep. From week to week equally parts frustrating and enjoyable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back