News Thread of #ECO

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night proved to me that I can't ECO even though I bloody should.

I pay for 4 premium memberships and sitting last night on level 2 I was as disgusted with our supporters at 3/4 time as those two decisions (three with the 50). As I perhaps too loudly for that f*kin library emplored people around us that if we were Carlton, Collingwood, Essndon we would have being howling for the whole break.

I'd exceedingly rarely do this but Ratts last night should have sent Steele over to the umpires asking for clarification of the holding the ball rule. Yes theatre of it but sometimes the theatre going shhh crowd of today need an f*kin reminder that this is always a game of passion and intensity.

So nope I'm not ECO but it is disheartening how feeble we are as a supporter base at times.

Have watched a total of approximately 20mins of us (attempting to) play football in the last couple of weeks.

I highly recommend it, it's wonderful.

Until we get a coach willing to institute an actual system of play... and not this embarrasing chaosball crap, I'm out and staying out.

Have watched a total of approximately 20mins of us (attempting to) play football in the last couple of weeks.

I highly recommend it, it's wonderful.

Until we get a coach willing to institute an actual system of play... and not this embarrasing chaosball crap, I'm out and staying out.

Geez this bloke must be stoked

tumbleweed GIF

Where’s your resilience? One crappy loss and you’re already here…

We all come and stare in the front gate like a bunch of alcos outside a rehab facility who aren't quite ready to step out of the dysfunctional lifestyle.

We all come and stare in the front gate like a bunch of alcos outside a rehab facility who aren't quite ready to step out of the dysfunctional lifestyle.
Need to get the thread about Dogs 🐕 back up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'm just going to take a mental health break from this footy team (and this site) over the bye so that I can reconcile myself to the fact that we are, in fact, s**t again and we will never win a premiership and why do I keep deluding myself that things will ever be better and for *'s sake Hawthorn will somehow win another premiership before us, and will that upset me more or less than Freo, GWS and GC all somehow managing to break their ducks before we win another one, and who do we have to root to get a midfielder who can actually put the team on their back once in a while and just drag us over the line and I thk'hl slkas;; aksa'ln'pqihao;ngoa;ong'wonegn.g

Geez this bloke must be stoked

Well we had a system of play for the first month or so.

We haven't quite fully devolved back into ratts' embarrassing chaosball crap.

But the team has clearly forgotten about the 'get rid of the ball within 3 seconds' rule they trained all pre-season with.

They've also reverted back to hail mary bombs down the line and inside 50... ratts would be chuffed he made such a lasting impression.

This place will be dead in August and September

Yeah on reflection I think what we are currently looking at is non-linear progress... 2 steps fwd, 1 step back.

I said before round 1 that I expected us to take most of 2023 to get onboard with ross's system- but by the end of the year we would be humming along, ready to be in the mix for a flag 2024-2026.

I guess we are still right on track for that if we have a strong 2nd half of the year.
(Which I'm confident we will)

I’m finding it very difficult to leave this thread behind atm. I think it is our skills and decision making that makes it hard!

Bye bye Dougal. Never want to see you again mate.

Play Cordy or Highmore or anyone really. I don’t care if it makes us undersized.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back