News Thread of #ECO

Remove this Banner Ad

One bad loss???

Norf game in the bag...shat the bed
Pies game, they get a jump games over in 15 mins yet we outscore them in the second half...too late shat the bed
Smash freo in the first qtr near on 40 up tjeyve got 20 on the park fyfe has to go to FF because of a hammie
s**t the bed and lose

One game?
Thats 3 this year in what 5 or 6 rounda or whatever the fuxk it is

We are bed shitters

No midfield and no leadership

i can't eco

on saturday i was fine. not angry. not sad.

but i still care too damn much for something i'm powerless to alter or improve.

it's horrible. this damn club is affecting my mood. wtf!

You reckon it was a bad mood day for you. My wife bought a wood fired pizza oven and she told the kids I'd make them some after the game. I was meant to make dough in the half time break but I was too shitty to remember. Got onto it in a panic after the full time siren. Tried to make a recipe and ****ed up how much water was in the dough and burnt out the mixer thing. I hid it in the cupboard and tried to find a new one to replace it and found out the cost. * me dead I reckon my first car was less than that thing cost. The pizza was not as good as the shops and I had to stand in the cold to cook it and we ate late. Good times.

The day before lockdown I had my car towed outside the gym too. I tried to stop the guy but he wouldn't release it and I had to get a lift to Collingwood to get it out. 24 hours later I couldn't have gone to the gym if I wanted to. Then the Saints just topped it all off. Life sucks

Sep 8, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
My god it's been a while

I'm not ECO yet but I'm definitely stressed about the list
I'm almost there again. Never expected to win to the tigers (well maybe the Eagles game gave a shred of hope) but a big loss to port this week and I'll be hopping on the eco train first class ticket, the percentage is woeful and to lose a chunk of it to that bombers team doesn't lend much hope.

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Me saying I’m ECO is akin to Jack Steele saying we had hard conversations last week.

its bullshit.

I wish I could ECO for life. I wish I could hate football. But the problem is I’m so emotionally invested in this team that every time I try to convince myself I’m not I know it’s just a ploy.

so no I’m not eco even though I want to be. For my mental health I need to be. I know it’s just a game but try telling me that for the three hours these guys are running around for us.

ugh.

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Me saying I’m ECO is akin to Jack Steele saying we had hard conversations last week.

its bullshit.

I wish I could ECO for life. I wish I could hate football. But the problem is I’m so emotionally invested in this team that every time I try to convince myself I’m not I know it’s just a ploy.

so no I’m not eco even though I want to be. For my mental health I need to be. I know it’s just a game but try telling me that for the three hours these guys are running around for us.

ugh.
Yeah I get you mate

I couldn't not love this club if i tried it's in my bones. I feel like I walk taller wearing red white and black and even last night when Lonie kicked that goal to get us back to 33 down I was up and about.

It just makes me dislike Brad Hill even more when I see how little it means to him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

its bullshit.

ugh.

It's not a one step process.

It's 3:

1. e
2. c
3. o

Take your time, we're all working towards this together.

LiterallyNobody

30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
If I was truly eco wouldn’t I feel cathartic or something. Also can I still enjoy footy? Or do I have to completely ignore all games now? That’s why I’ll never be truly ECO despite wanting to be.

if the club folded I wouldn’t have no reaction I would be elated. Because I would be released. I can’t have emotional connection to something that doesn’t exist right?

If I was truly eco wouldn’t I feel cathartic or something. Also can I still enjoy footy? Or do I have to completely ignore all games now? That’s why I’ll never be truly ECO despite wanting to be.

if the club folded I wouldn’t have no reaction I would be elated. Because I would be released. I can’t have emotional connection to something that doesn’t exist right?
We’d miss it. God knows why, but we would.

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
If we folded I'd be crushed because we never got to experience the ultimate joy.

I feel like the only release will be winning the flag. Once that's done 3 generations can just rest easy and enjoy the footy.

Because we’re addicts.

I always thought footy was a harmless addiction, but as the years roll by I’m not so sure.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
But that's like getting kicked in the nuts every week and all of a sudden you don't get kicked in the nuts - would you really miss getting kicked in the nuts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back