News Thread of #ECO

Remove this Banner Ad

Take a break man, relax... you’re a great moderator because you actually post and interact as well. Come back when you’re fresh, or on the gear 👍
What makes you think I am not relaxed. Because I am just one of many that has had enough of dicsussing anything with anyone on here? My decision is based off of a culmination of things and for me Monday night wasn't a big deal in isolation (I commented that Ryder was back in the side and the response was that it's sad that we are relying on an old ruckmen to turn things around. Not once did I or anyone else on this entire forum express that opinion) but for me it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I have had enough of the negativity. I have realised my time is better spent not discussing anything on here anymore because people will just say whatever old bullshit they want irrespective of if it's true or not to keep sticking the boots in. It's boring.

I used to come on this forum to unwind & to discuss the club objectively & this is not happening anymore. You guys can discuss how s**t we are for the rest of the season and while you do that I will refuse to be a part of it. It will get to a point (if we aren't already there) where this forum will just become an echo chamber of the same opinions, no alternative POV allowed, and we will lose good people because of it. Evidently this is already happening.

I have put in an effort to try and steer the overall discussion of this board to more of a balanced one and it has not worked. Having to remove every second post after a loss because people cannot restrain themselves from spewing negative garbage is not why I come on here. I tell people to keep it civil and the response is comparisons to communist China. I don't enforce the rules as strictly as I would be within my right to, and people get upset anyway. So then I enforce the rules, and I receive death threats. I am actually afraid to even hand out warnings anymore because of the response. Try and be friendly, doesn't work. Try and moderate to the rules, doesn't work. Congratulations, you guys won.

That would be a big loss to the forum, George. I hope you also re-consider.
I am not reconsidering. I've done all I can. People should probably think about if they are contributing to the negative atmosphere before they post and perhaps reconsider posting because some of us don't come here for that experience and good people are leaving this forum far more frequently than any other time I can remember since I've been here.

Anyway like I said, I don't want to discuss anything with anyone on here anymore, so lets leave it at that.

People should be able to say whatever the * they want though.
Too negative??
WHO CARES???
Its a internet forum, get over it.
Therer should be zero moderation, its a joke there is any moderation.
its a internet forum discussing a god damn football team.
WHO cares??
go do something you enjoy.

What makes you think I am not relaxed. Because I am just one of many that has had enough of dicsussing anything with anyone on here? My decision is based off of a culmination of things and for me Monday night wasn't a big deal in isolation (I commented that Ryder was back in the side and the response was that it's sad that we are relying on an old ruckmen to turn things around. Not once did I or anyone else on this entire forum express that opinion) but for me it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I have had enough of the negativity. I have realised my time is better spent not discussing anything on here anymore because people will just say whatever old bullshit they want irrespective of if it's true or not to keep sticking the boots in. It's boring.

I used to come on this forum to unwind & to discuss the club objectively & this is not happening anymore. You guys can discuss how sh*t we are for the rest of the season and while you do that I will refuse to be a part of it. It will get to a point (if we aren't already there) where this forum will just become an echo chamber of the same opinions, no alternative POV allowed, and we will lose good people because of it. Evidently this is already happening.

I have put in an effort to try and steer the overall discussion of this board to more of a balanced one and it has not worked. Having to remove every second post after a loss because people cannot restrain themselves from spewing negative garbage is not why I come on here. I tell people to keep it civil and the response is comparisons to communist China. I don't enforce the rules as strictly as I would be within my right to, and people get upset anyway. So then I enforce the rules, and I receive death threats. I am actually afraid to even hand out warnings anymore because of the response. Try and be friendly, doesn't work. Try and moderate to the rules, doesn't work. Congratulations, you guys won.

I am not reconsidering. I've done all I can. People should probably think about if they are contributing to the negative atmosphere before they post and perhaps reconsider posting because some of us don't come here for that experience and good people are leaving this forum far more frequently than any other time I can remember since I've been here.

Anyway like I said, I don't want to discuss anything with anyone on here anymore, so lets leave it at that.

That's no good George, you are a great moderator, and a good person to discuss footy and life with. Hope you reconsider. Don't let us dickheads win.

I think here is the perfect place to vent , its safe , your not hurting anyone and how boring would it be if we all shared the same opinion , it wouldn't even be worth having BF with everyone kissing each others butts .

Sad you're leaving George. I was actually going to post on the autopsy thread that it was a fantastic discussion that had some laughs, some bickering and a truck load of great questions and solutions. All things that make a great forum and frankly helped me start looking forward to this week much sooner.
The Ryder thing is two sides of a very thin coin. Yeah list management need to be planning now for as early as next year. I'm bloody excited he's back this week as you are too as our best football now will come with him in the team. Both are true.
Understand the moderating is overwhelming so take a break but please don't disengage from here as your contributions are valued even when there are opposite views.

People should be able to say whatever the fu** they want though.
Too negative??
WHO CARES???
WHO cares??
That only works if it's an adult only closed forum. And there is the Bay board for that anyway. Its naive to think there aren't real life consequences to bad words on the internet these days. George claims he's had death threats FFS. No one needs to put up with that.

Maybe it's time we decided what kind of forum we actually want, and the ones that disagree with majority decision can just open up a WhatsApp chat with each other instead. I agree that it was a lot better a few years ago, but I guess that's the nature of the beast.

Feels good that you've made the right decision for yourself George, but you'll be missed. Bonne courage as they say over here and hope life is more enjoyable from now on.

Same goes for LewDogs, El Dude and anyone else checking out.

I'm still confident we'll turn the season around but realising with sadness that our best isn't that great yet, our worst is a lot worse than I'd expected and the same old issues keep coming up, over the generations. I'm still here for now.

Last edited:
That only works if it's an adult only closed forum. And there is the Bay board for that anyway. Its naive to think there aren't real life consequences to bad words on the internet these days. George claims he's had death threats FFS. No one needs to put up with that.

Maybe it's time we decided what kind of forum we actually want, and the ones that disagree with majority decision can just open up a WhatsApp chat with each other instead. I agree that it was a lot better a few years ago, but I guess that's the nature of the beast.

Feels good that you've made the right decision for yourself George, but you'll be missed. Bonne courage as they say over here and hope life is more enjoyable from now on.
Death threats ? Ok not on, I agree with you there...Jesus Christ people..
Agressive banter by upset negative people about a football team? My comment still stands.
Death threats? people need to grow the hell up.

I don't really go in the game day threads much as they move too quickly and I'm usually at or watching the game during that time but I do read the preview and autopsy threads. I don't feel this place is nearly as negative as around this time in 2018 or 2019.

The mood of the board is going to ebb and flow with the success of the team - this place is going to be naturally negative right now. Either an echo chamber of negative thoughts or no thoughts at all seem to be the 2 options available right now.

It seems a fine balance being a mod and I don't know why anyone would want to do it.
George, if it's getting you down and you are getting threatened (what the actual ****) why don't you just hand in your mod badge, take a break and go back to being a poster once things get better on the field (and thing here will naturally evolve into more positive too)?

"I have put in an effort to try and steer the overall discussion of this board to more of a balanced one and it has not worked"
I think you are never going to win that battle, like I believe should be the approach with AFL rules, why not just leave it alone and let the place evolve?

Enforce the rules like stopping anyone publicly abusing another poster and hand out bans where necessary but trying to steer an organism like a forum in a certain direction is going to be near impossible as there are external factors (mainly on field performance) will dictate where the forum goes.

I wasn't posting on here in 2009 and 2010 but I am guessing the mood was pretty good then.

I'm still confident we'll turn the season around but realising with sadness that our best isn't that great yet, our worst is a lot worse than I'd expected and the same old issues keep coming up, over the generations. I'm still here for now.
Good post, mate.

Death threats? WTF is the world coming to? It's a game we're discussing here! Discussion forums should allow all opinions on the game, but personal abuse and worse is unacceptable. It shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Just to point out when I say I’m checking out I mean like the thread explains - emotionally. I’m still going to post here but in a much more passive and less biased way.

People should be able to say whatever the fu** they want though.
Too negative??
WHO CARES???
WHO cares??
A free speech advocate. Oh how original.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really go in the game day threads much as they move too quickly and I'm usually at or watching the game during that time but I do read the preview and autopsy threads. I don't feel this place is nearly as negative as around this time in 2018 or 2019.

The mood of the board is going to ebb and flow with the success of the team - this place is going to be naturally negative right now. Either an echo chamber of negative thoughts or no thoughts at all seem to be the 2 options available right now.

It seems a fine balance being a mod and I don't know why anyone would want to do it.
George, if it's getting you down and you are getting threatened (what the actual ****) why don't you just hand in your mod badge, take a break and go back to being a poster once things get better on the field (and thing here will naturally evolve into more positive too)?

"I have put in an effort to try and steer the overall discussion of this board to more of a balanced one and it has not worked"
I think you are never going to win that battle, like I believe should be the approach with AFL rules, why not just leave it alone and let the place evolve?

Enforce the rules like stopping anyone publicly abusing another poster and hand out bans where necessary but trying to steer an organism like a forum in a certain direction is going to be near impossible as there are external factors (mainly on field performance) will dictate where the forum goes.

I wasn't posting on here in 2009 and 2010 but I am guessing the mood was pretty good then.

can you be our new parent mod

Reading the last page is like a sequel to “Don’t F**k with Cats”.

I will keep it simple: don’t let s**t get to you. It’s footy. It’s a footy forum. This place is an escape & nothing else. If you don’t like it take a break or delete your account. Far more important things in life then to get bent out of shape about someone’s footy opinion (negative or positive).

Talking about positive, I will leave ya’ll with this.

#eco

I used to come on this forum to unwind & to discuss the club objectively & this is not happening anymore. You guys can discuss how sh*t we are for the rest of the season and while you do that I will refuse to be a part of it. It will get to a point (if we aren't already there) where this forum will just become an echo chamber of the same opinions, no alternative POV allowed, and we will lose good people because of it. Evidently this is already happening.

You are a good mod & an even better bloke. The fact that you are allowing this stuff to get to you tells me that you definitely need a break from here/posting. Spending too much time & energy doing anything leads to fixating on minor things that become blown out of proportion. You are doing the right thing. It will be good for you. Maybe post exclusively in the Saints disco?

You are a good mod & an even better bloke. The fact that you are allowing this stuff to get to you tells me that you definitely need a break from here/posting. Spending too much time & energy doing anything leads to fixating on minor things that become blown out of proportion. You are doing the right thing. It will be good for you. Maybe post exclusively in the Saints disco?

If George is a good Greek boy he's had about 2 hours sleep and has been fasting for days. It's a pretty hardcore period and full of solemn stuff as well Greek Easter. I'm hoping he's emotional and he'll come back around when he's had a few days to recover.

Think triggering bro said it best George, you’re a good mod better bloke hope you’re posting again soon it’s a better place with you around

Might need to bring a few more chairs in for later...
All I can say is stay tuned.

I imagine I’ll be back here by the end of the day.

Hello darkness my old friend....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back