Three Big Improvers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

thylacine60 (try not got suspended so much pal, the board is the poorer when you are awol)

DirtyLeeds We definitely need to catch up before a game sometime next year,

tencentpiece Post More ITK Rumours and get us excited ...

Oh talking about players

1 - Lewis Young, had a patchy, somewhat difficult 2023 season through a variety of reasons, but if he can get back to his 2022 form, we are in fine fettle

2 - Corey Durdin, a great kid and very talented goal sneak who was injury riddled last season which didn't help his form in the seniors.

3 - Jack Carroll - Cometh the Hour, Cometh the man, I am hopefully JC can be our Brodie Kemp fairytale success story in 2024. If that even comes halfway close to happening, we're absolutely flying as a footy club

I'll say this once and once only. Every now and then I like to take a complete break from the forum. The mods understand and whack a suspended sign up, just to make sure I can fully concentrate on other things in life. It's like self-exclusion from the pokies. I appreciate it and I believe they do too.

TDK - We need to see more goals from the big fella and further improvement in his core strength and work rate. He’s already showing more than flashes of brilliance now. He’s becoming more reliable with every game he plays and I believe he’s primed for a big season.

Cotters - One word. Impact. We saw how great we are when cotters starts impacting a game. He just puts us over the top when he’s playing well. He improves every year and I just can’t wait to see what he can dish up next season.

Silvagni - Lastly, our number 1. Needs an uninterrupted run because we saw what his ceiling looks like when he’s full of confidence. He doesn’t fluke his performances and has the clutch gene. Really hoping to see him impact late in games next season. Could be our 5th man on the bench that gets going late in games and hopefully the backend of the season.

Honourable mention to Marchbank, Acres and Walshy but I reckon they’ve proven where they’re at in their careers.

On a side note. One thing I don’t want to see next season is Saady doing kick ins. Let McGovern take majority of them and have Doch, Newman and even Cerra as our secondary kickers.

Cuningham - showed glimaces over the years but nothing substantial to keep on the list going forward.
MarchBank - Like Cuningham has great upside but no consisency (barring injury to both) and needs to adapt to the speed of the game as his currently slow moving the ball out of the back line.
Fogarty - Needs to be a regular goal scorer to stay.

Ollie Hollands: adding more midfield time

Tom De Koning: Putting together his strengths more consistently

Corey Durdin: Gets the body right and start to impact up the ground more

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ollie Hollands: adding more midfield time

Tom De Koning: Putting together his strengths more consistently

Corey Durdin: Gets the body right and start to impact up the ground more

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon you nailed it :thumbsu:

If I could add one other, it'd be big H. Had a bit of a down year in 2023 compared to previous, but I feel he's got the desire and hunger back to make a huge impact in 2024. He looked like a man on a mission at the 1st training session yesterday.

Caleb macrchbank - hopefully he get have a fit and healthy preseason and 2024 and he will be a main stayer in our back 6

TDK - showed through the finals series that he is ready for the next step. Still perfer pitto first ruck this guy as the X factor up forward and in the ruck.

Elijah Hollands - I think a new environment and system he will thrive entering his 4th season now former pick 7 he is going to be ready to explode on the G!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Elijah Hollands will be winning big end of season games even finals. First 10 selected by end of 2024. Inspired recruting
2 Harry Mckay- a season as a genuine Centre half Forward kicking 40-50 goals
3. Ollie Hollands- will move through gears from 2023 D/C grader to a B grader with 25% on the ball.

Tough to find just three.

1 Cuners, played some good footy this year. Big incident free pre-season and we should get to see his best season yet.

2 Kemp, so much upside. Will he stay in defence, or will he train with the forwards? Maybe, he gets some midfield time.
Brodie is going to be a star, wherever he plays.

3 Boyd, reminded us all how good he is in the Prelim. Love his burst, hard running, tackling and his kicking is sublime.

Cannot help myself, got to mention one more.

Ashton Moir, this kid really excites me. I know, only 18, first season. Yet I am feeling so bullish about him having a real impact next year.

Kemp - I think he was just starting to get into his stride towards the back end of last season. Needs to improve his decision-making about when to leave his man to provide assistance and when to prioritise his own man. Needs to master his position down back before being thrown about other areas of the ground. Decision-making under pressure is suss and therefore I don't think he's up to being a full-time inside mid and nor do I think he has the tank to be one. The good news is his footy is on the up and showing great development and expansion in his game. We don't have many players who can grab a strong intercept mark, take off and turn the opposition zone around 180º. Kemp can, and will only get better at it.

Elijah Hollands - If he can knuckle down everyone here will be in for a treat. Will assist Cerra and Walsh through the guts as well as providing a valuable link up forward. He's a surprising sizeable unit who is very strong through the hips and if he can shrug off a tackle or two expect him to make a break through stoppage traffic and into the clear. Good overhead and a booming kick Dutchy MkII is more than capable of becoming an extremely damaging player. Expect his game to continue to grow and expand as he finds his way at the Blues.

Sam Walsh - Would be awesome if he could get in a full preseason just to set up his year. Don't be surprised if he walks away with the 2024 Brownlow should things go his way.

Sam Walsh to become THE BEST PLAYER IN THE COMP!

Jesse Motlop to go to GUN level.

TDK. This picks itself, it is his time to LAUNCH.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back