Three Kiwis under investigation for match fixing

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? If I ever bowled 1 or 2 no balls in a row no matter how bad my run up was going I would just stutter up to the crease or simply run through for a dead ball until it was sorted. I dont believe someone could bowl 8 or 10 no balls in an over, thats just ridiculous. Combine that with 2/3 wickets and it does start becoming a tad unbelievable.
I once umpired a 3rd grade game where there openning bowler bowled about 5+ no balls in an over, he kept yelling at me as if I was purposefully calling him, I was like "mate, its hot, the last thing I want to be doing is making overs last longer" plus after one or two no balls the non striker batsmen starts checking so you cant even let him away with a close one to finish the over off you have to keep calling them. He must have just had his runup wrong or something and was too arrogant to slow down

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that was part of a deliberate plan to hurt Warne.

possibly/probably. i can't remember it. would seem a tad strange to try and hurt him in the third innings of the last test of a series you have already lost and you are looking at chasing down about 30 or 40 to win the test.

possibly/probably. i can't remember it. would seem a tad strange to try and hurt him in the third innings of the last test of a series you have already lost and you are looking at chasing down about 30 or 40 to win the test.
I just know Steve Waugh said in his book that it was deliberate and I'm pretty sure the commentators during the game thought the same.

No doubt he was trying to hurt our tail in that match, funny when people used to whinge about our great lot and their attitude and they used the windies as the example of how to win and behave, bowling no balls in a series that was all but over so you can maim tailenders aint exactly classy.

Glad somebody else has pointed this out.

From Brisbane Times:

Anti-corruption forces are investigating the most detailed evidence yet of widespread fixing across cricket.

The London Telegraph can reveal that Lou Vincent, the former New Zealand batsman, has provided officials from the International Cricket Council's anti-corruption unit with a treasure trove of information about matches targeted for spot-fixing and the names of players who were involved.

Domestic matches played by English counties are among those about which Vincent has provided detailed evidence from the period when he was playing for Lancashire and Sussex, along with details of fixing in at least four other countries. He has also informed them of the details of an approach by another corrupt player to a current international captain, who turned down the offer and reported it to anti-corruption officials.

Investigators from the ICC's anti-corruption unit are working with detectives employed by cricket boards around the world to piece together a complex case which they believe will emerge as the biggest fixing scandal since the Hansie Cronje affair 14 years ago, and possibly even more significant than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta be honest, Chris Cairns' attacking Brendan McCullum's integrity based on waiting three years to claim anything is less convincing than my sunday morning grog bogs.

Slightly worried by how the ICC and Cricket in general seems to be patting itself on the back for "catching" Lou Vincent. Seems to be a sense that that's that and job done.

It's pretty obvious that he's the sacrificial lamb. A retired average international player from a smaller nation. And most importantly the fixing happened in the defunct ICL and English county cricket.

They'll us give themselves a pat in the back about chucking when Williamson and Senanayake are done

Cairns was one of my favourite players as a kid, and as much as I want to believe this is BS, there's just been so much smoke around him over the last five or so years it isn't funny. You'd think the London Police would have something pretty ******* solid against him to be able to prove he lied during the defamation case in which he emphatically stated he's never fixed a cricket match.

Just hope it was only ICL and not any official cricket. I can kindaaaaa live with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back