Media S30 Fair or Farce - Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

I called you left-leaning, you compared me to Fascism. You're a bully.

Filthy has already admitted there is a Boys Club and that it has/had influence on this competition.

That's all I needed to hear. Confirmation straight from the top. It doesn't really matter what you say anymore.

You also said you don’t respect me because I disagreed with you, mein forgetful Frankston. I’m not calling you fascist because you’re conservative, it’s to do with your forcible suppression of opposition. Even now you’re trying to stifle a response with “it doesn’t matter what you say anymore”.

Again, it’s going to feel like bullying to someone who conducts themselves the way you have in this thread whenever someone offers a different opinion.

Todays three Lies and a Truth

1. The Committee should be transparent in S30 .....ask yourself why hide it ??

2. @The Filth Wizard always has the health of the League as his priority

3. The Admin is omnipresent and a powerful influence on the League

4. The Expansion Bids are receiving a fair hearing & assistance
If you've got a good captain/committee rep, the committee IS transparent.

Morning Wayne. Another day, another dig, huh? Of course, I've done a wonderful job at the Gumbies but I understand that that is difficult for you to see with your head in the sand but that's OK.
I don't think his head is in the sand. I think it's in a much deeper, darker, smellier place.

If you've got a good captain/committee rep, the committee IS transparent.
That's a very good point. I literally know everything that happens in the committee because I have a captain who keeps me in the loop.

Nobody has denied there is a boys club... it's never been hidden, and for what, ten seasons now? It probably started germinating as far back as S19. If you were on a podcast you likely went in and/or out of the chat. I've probably been having these exact same discussions since S22-23. Saying it had influence on the competition is a loaded gun though and context is required there. Did some of the members have the capacity to upset other members, especially back in the day? Sure, there was a decent sized battle with some Rats for example back then. I'll deny to the grave though it has had any influence over the competition as an entity though, even when in the committee its members act for club wholly. The mindset that it is a chat about the Sweet FA is extremely misguided, this place only gets mentioned when we do here.

Of course, people will, can and do believe what they like which is why I've probably been having these exact same discussions since S22-23 as aforementioned.

This argument has nothing to do with what is said in the BC chat. I've seen the BC chat and agree with you - it's just mates having a joke around.

My argument is that those friendships carry over into this forum whereby people who aren't 'in' with the BC struggle to enjoy this forum. That's it. I'm not blaming you 100% for deliberately driving people away or saying you are the sole reason why our numbers ebb and flow.

You guys just can't seem to admit that your clique is a turn-off for people who aren't in it and I absolutely believe it's gone on that long now you just can't see how bad it's got. It seems to me that if you disagree with the BC, regardless of the issue, you are shouted down, abused and humiliated until you either shut up and conform or leave.

Certainly not defending Haro but he is a prime example of someone driven away by the mob. He's an extreme example but that is exactly what I'm talking about.

This argument has nothing to do with what is said in the BC chat. I've seen the BC chat and agree with you - it's just mates having a joke around.

My argument is that those friendships carry over into this forum whereby people who aren't 'in' with the BC struggle to enjoy this forum. That's it. I'm not blaming you 100% for deliberately driving people away or saying you are the sole reason why our numbers ebb and flow.

You guys just can't seem to admit that your clique is a turn-off for people who aren't in it and I absolutely believe it's gone on that long now you just can't see how bad it's got. It seems to me that if you disagree with the BC, regardless of the issue, you are shouted down, abused and humiliated until you either shut up and conform or leave.

Certainly not defending Haro but he is a prime example of someone driven away by the mob. He's an extreme example but that is exactly what I'm talking about.

Ive only really been active since S25, but i think the BC issue is a "then" issue, not a "now" one.

most the BC names are pretty much inactive or pinch hitters these days. There is a reason I call the Royals Gods Waiting Room.

Just IMO, I think their impact on the league today is less than some of them think it is, and definitely less than their haters think it is.

the number of LG's with BC attendance is falling, their committee presence is dropping every year, and they are being drowned out media and posting wise by the new blood.

I think you have some genuine gripes, but they are for a fight that is no longer happening.

Hmm, Haro drove himself away by breaking the rules. That battle between the BC and the Bombers was largely manufactured by both sides.

Again though, you're tarring the whole chat with one brush. You have a beef with 4-5 posters that defend themselves when you accuse them of something. But anyway, fine. Let's say you're right. It's a meaningless gesture. By and large it's a relic of the game. There's far less in-jokes etc and where they are they are normally isolated to certain threads, such as Tony's recent BC retrospective. I get it annoyed some people (not everyone mind, some people like the carnival, some do not) but it also for the most part ran its course. The posters are more focused on club and separating the BC from the league. We're getting older, there's less energy - the only time you see a flare up is when somebody trawls back the past. It's something that peaked and troughed two years ago.

Ned_Flanders nailed it pretty well actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So ...why so many PM's going on ?
What the * have PM's got to do with a good rep in committee?

PM's happen for a myriad of reasons. I've been in recruitment PM's, I'm in PM's with posters I like for other reasons. I'm in PM's debating points.

Explain your link to PM's.

It doesn't change that fact.

If you have a good committee rep/captain, the committee is 100% transparent.

What are you not telling your meatshields Wayno?

Ive only really been active since S25, but i think the BC issue is a "then" issue, not a "now" one.

most the BC names are pretty much inactive or pinch hitters these days. There is a reason I call the Royals Gods Waiting Room.

Just IMO, I think their impact on the league today is less than some of them think it is, and definitely less than their haters think it is.

the number of LG's with BC attendance is falling, their committee presence is dropping every year, and they are being drowned out media and posting wise by the new blood.

I think you have some genuine gripes, but they are for a fight that is no longer happening.

I think that's a fair read mate. If anything there's a "new blood" BC that does a fair bit of work around the place including some of the biggest media contributors to the game.

The worst thing the BC do now days is confuse us with those ******* Santa avs come Christmas time

And If I recall some posters with no affiliation had the same avatar. Inclusion.

That's a very good point. I literally know everything that happens in the committee because I have a captain who keeps me in the loop.
In your fictitious Team PM, that Filthy says he doesn't believe in ......OK, got it

In the LG PM.
Aaaahhh so the Captain that doesn't believe in PM's .....has one for his LG

Oh to be a Rookie at the Royals ....such an inclusive club .....I mean this takes me back to my Dragon days, when I received one message for the season, just one ....."how's it going"

How could I leave a club that made me feel so welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back