Media S30 Fair or Farce - Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Not gonna lie, I'm intrigued by this Team PM trend. Never been in a club where there was one, let alone captained a club.

Intrigued to see who has one. I know the Bombers and Bears do, I know the Warriors don't. Pretty sure the Demons don't.

Furies have one. I need something to stop the guys getting carded every week

Not gonna lie, I'm intrigued by this Team PM trend. Never been in a club where there was one, let alone captained a club.

Intrigued to see who has one. I know the Bombers and Bears do, I know the Warriors don't. Pretty sure the Demons don't.
We do. It's been pretty good.

I‘ve been at the Royals during times we have had one and times we haven’t. We have had better match thread performances without one.

As an aside, anyone with a modicum of awareness can see what the Bombers are doing here - trying to pry more posters away from the Royals. Trying to drive a wedge between those in the BC and those that aren’t. It’s really quite sad.

We aren’t insular. The LG is an even split and is comprised of the leaders at the club regardless of whether they’re in a Facebook chat. The best positions go to the deserving posters - as do our All SFA noms.

I fully expect we will both gain and lose players in the offseason. One thing is for sure and that’s that none of us will melt about it.

The Rats feel like a club that would have one too.

What do you talk about that wouldn't be in a team thread?
More often than anything it's a bit like a message service.

RL stuff. Posters letting us know they won't be around because this/that happened. Stuff that doesn't need to be public. TV Shows etc

The occasional eye roll.

More support than anything.

Yesterday we were alerted to/talking about Deaneus. Bloody no good.

I‘ve been at the Royals during times we have had one and times we haven’t. We have had better match thread performances without one.

As an aside, anyone with a modicum of awareness can see what the Bombers are doing here - trying to pry more posters away from the Royals. Trying to drive a wedge between those in the BC and those that aren’t. It’s really quite sad.

We aren’t insular. The LG is an even split and is comprised of the leaders at the club regardless of whether they’re in a Facebook chat. The best positions go to the deserving posters - as do our All SFA noms.

I fully expect we will both gain and lose players in the offseason. One thing is for sure and that’s that none of us will melt about it.
I've been in teams with and without PM's.

To me, it hasn't made a difference to my posting.

Has it affected others? At the Wonders, I don't think so.

More often than anything it's a bit like a message service.

RL stuff. Posters letting us know they won't be around because this/that happened. Stuff that doesn't need to be public. TV Shows etc

The occasional eye roll.

More support than anything.

Yesterday we were alerted to/talking about Deaneus. Bloody no good.

So like a chat between people with a common interest. You have a separate LG PM yeah?

And yes, didn't hear the whole story about deaneus but was a little surprised to see it in the email BF sent out this morning. Hope he's ok. Nice bloke.

I've been in teams with and without PM's.

To me, it hasn't made a difference to my posting.

Has it affected others? At the Wonders, I don't think so.
We had one when I started and I carried that into my first couple seasons as captain. When we recruited Joe he said “what are you idiots doing? There are so many good posts being wasted in PM”. I took a step back and realised it was quite right.

To each their own, but looks like there are a few who don’t have one. I can see the appeal though to be fair.

So like a chat between people with a common interest. You have a separate LG PM yeah?

And yes, didn't hear the whole story about deaneus but was a little surprised to see it in the email BF sent out this morning. Hope he's ok. Nice bloke.
100%. Just all from one club though.

We've all got chats with others mixed though, surely?

Yes, LG PM as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had one when I started and I carried that into my first couple seasons as captain. When we recruited Joe he said “what are you idiots doing? There are so many good posts being wasted in PM”. I took a step back and realised it was quite right.

To each their own, but looks like there are a few who don’t have one. I can see the appeal though to be fair.
It's probably just a BF version of a BC chat.

All harmless :shrug:

Interesting point about good posts being in PM's though. Is that where Wayno hides them?

I do wonder if perceptions of this boys club would change if our chat was as a PM on BF and not outside the site. Of course that would be ******* stupid.
Absolutely it would. Perception would also change if people could spend a day in it and see that it’s just a normal chat and not the Illuminati.

Harvs thought we had done up a dummy chat for him outside of the one where we rig the league 😂

Hmm, I guess I can see it too... I figure my last two clubs have been starts of rebuilds (discounted I guess as if people aren't posting in match or team threads then why a PM) and then at the Hawks, and likely at the Royals, I handed off captaincy at a time activity may have warranted it but I wasn't in the box seat. So it's never been a consideration perhaps purely down to function.

It's probably just a BF version of a BC chat.

All harmless :shrug:

Interesting point about good posts being in PM's though. Is that where Wayno hides them?
If my PM’s were getting peppered by Wayno I’d be trying to join the Campires too

A lot of the Royals Team PMs were a wedge between a leadership group and a team thread. It was easier as captain to count all active posters as the leadership group because we only had roughly eight active posters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back