Threepeat Hawthorn (2012-2015) would run rings around this Richmond team (2017-2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Our team then beat Hawthorn

We are far better than we were then.

Threads like they are silly because theres no way you can prove it, also it really does not matter.
The timing is the best.

You assume you'll see 'congrats Richmond' and you see 'your dynasty is the shitter one'

😂

Not a Richmond hater. I was going for them tonight.

I have to admit however... Richmond would get routed by that Hawthorn team that won 3 in a row.

Even Sydney of that era, who won 1 premiership and lost 2, would probably beat them too.

I think that era was tougher.

Different eras / different game styles

While it's cool that someone is on Hawthorn's side of the battle of the dominant teams...... it's awfully hard to say. Do you know how many times Richmond beat Hawthorn during the 13-15 era ? :p

Not a Richmond hater. I was going for them tonight.

I have to admit however... Richmond would get routed by that Hawthorn team that won 3 in a row.

Even Sydney of that era, who won 1 premiership and lost 2, would probably beat them too.

I think that era was tougher.
No.

Hawks team better but to say they are way better is wrong.

They were exceptional (Geelong). No better or inferior to the Brisbane of 01,02,03 though. Honestly think both would comfortably take care of the Hawthorn 3peat mob however.
This current Richmond mob are interesting. They are very slick when they choose to be. And resilient.

Based on what? Brisbane’s back six would get absolutely shredded to pieces by the dominant Hawthorn forward-line from 2012-2015. Apart from Brisbane having a better midfield, Hawthorn’s forward-line and defence was superior. Not to mention that Hawthorn had a better list. How many times did Brisbane finish the season as the highest scoring team?

Does this really warrant a thread?

It is pretty common knowledge.
Beat me to it.

Yes, Tiges beat us in a few relatively meaningless H&A games in that era, but put our best team of 12-15 against the Tiges of 17-20 in a final, and especially a GF, we beat them by 6 goals+....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our team then beat Hawthorn

We are far better than we were then.

Threads like they are silly because theres no way you can prove it, also it really does not matter.
Collingwood 1999 are better than Richmond 2017-2020. Good luck proving otherwise :)

Part of the Richmond hate is no doubt due to the fact that most footy supporters don't rate their list as highly as they rate the other highly successful teams of this era.

I reckon a lot of supporters look at Richmond's list, and then look at their club's list, and think that there isn't much difference. You'd have to agree really. I think as coaching gets more and more refined, we're entering an era where list quality is less important than it was even 5-10 years ago. It's still a big factor, but culture and gameplan seem more important than ever before.

Top end talent like Dusty and Lynch helps of course. And The Tigers still have a few underrated players. But the competition of top teams in the last few years is less than around 2007-2017 without a doubt.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back