Threepeat Hawthorn (2012-2015) would run rings around this Richmond team (2017-2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely different gamestyles. Hawks where a great team and would cut you up with their footskills, richmond on the other hand will gradually wear you out with elite pressure. Will still rate the hawks higher for there threepeat. But richmond are not far behind

Part of the Richmond hate is no doubt due to the fact that most footy supporters don't rate their list as highly as they rate the other highly successful teams of this era. I reckon a lot of supporters look at Richmond's list, and then look at their club's list, and think that there isn't much difference. You'd have to agree really. I think as coaching gets more and more refined, we're entering an era where list quality is less important than it was even 5-10 years ago. It's still a big factor, but culture and gameplan seem more important than ever before. Top end talent like Dusty and Lynch helps of course. And The Tigers still have a few underrated players. But the competition of top teams the last few years is probably less than around 2007-2017 without a doubt.
Great take.

The 2007 Port Grand Final team would run rings around Richmond 2017-2020. The rules have been tweaked and the gamestlye manipulated to take full advantage of the grey areas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a Richmond hater. I was going for them tonight.

I have to admit however... Richmond would get routed by that Hawthorn team that won 3 in a row.

Even Sydney of that era, who won 1 premiership and lost 2, would probably beat them too.

I think that era was tougher.
What are you on about.

We finished in the bottom 4 this year and we still rang rings around them.

The Hawks 3 Peat teams would Flog the Tiggers by about 53 goals.

MAGA wearing douchebag seeking attention, duly noted!👍

Agreed.

Richmond are a drilled team, super disciplined and their pressure is great but the Hawks 2013-2015 and Geelong 2007-2011 would smash them.

Credit to the coaching staff for getting peak performance (again) out of a few A-graders, some really solid B-graders and then a whole lot ok OK role players who make the most out of their limited talent.

Richmond consistently beat hawthorn during their dynastic period fwiw

Richmond Union>Chip Chip Woodchip. Unless eight metre kicks were allowed as per the fashion at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back