cripppa9

Senior List
Sep 23, 2015
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Hey, I have the nastiest throat infection I think ive ever had. Does anyone know any decent home remedies. I'm doing all the usual but any advice would be awesome.

Does it make you snore? I know my sore throats do, and I get them a lot. Betadine gargle is the only thing that has ever really worked for me, and as grandma sounding as it is, black tea with 2 teaspoons of honey and some lemon always seems to sooth. Do you know if it's bacterial? Because you may want a course of AB's if so.

Garlic and horseradish vitamins. Eat extra garlic. Eat strawberries and drink that disgusting lemsip or whatever it is called. I also take Vicks Vapordrops.

Slice raw ginger (I'm talking half a knob of it) with boiling water & honey (for taste) to soothe.
Salt water (aka sea salt & boiling water) gargle also soothes and has some (minor) medicinal properties.
Garlic is a natural antibiotic, 2 x 2 raw cloves a day. I usually have garlic sporadically during the week to prevent illness/keep my immune system up, so I increase it when I'm ill - but if you don't 2 x 2 is more than enough.
Don't bother with Strepsils etc. Haven't really looked into the pharmacy Betadine etc., but I highly doubt they have more medicinal benefits than raw garlic.
Don't think I've had antibiotics for a sore throat following this method for years.

Use condoms.

On a more serious note...

Vinegar mouthwash can also help on a more serious note. Or if you can't stomach that, vinegar on some potatoes.

Gargle vinegar in warm water. Every time I feel a sore throat coming on I do this. Always goes away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back