Analysis Throw Back Thursday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The most exciting end to a game of footy I have ever witnessed.
I will admit, my pure adrenaline and adulation and craziness after that kick scared the living crap out of my 7yr old daughter who was there with me at that game.

It really was something special. Wish I could've been at the ground but even watching alone on a choppy X-Box Live connection it was something to behold. Totally lost my voice and will always be one of the moments I relish about this club. Hopefully in a few years we can refer to it as one shining light during the old dark times.

The most exciting end to a game of footy I have ever witnessed.
I will admit, my pure adrenaline and adulation and craziness after that kick scared the living crap out of my 7yr old daughter who was there with me at that game.
LOL, Since my son has been an adult we don't hug that often, we came pretty close that night though, jumping up and down in section 74.

Did get a hug the night of the preliminary final v Geelong in 2004, we were sitting on the grass outside the Gabba queued up to get our number for GF tickets.

How bloody good was this one, one of the GOAT comebacks. I wonder how many people left early?
I lost a good chunk of my voice register the next day after this game. The roar at the ground was immense. Biggest I've ever heard, including that final against Carlton.

Lions_Insider - Whoever posted this video should know the difference between the Hawthorn in Melbourne and the Hawthorne in Brisbane.

I miss Charlie Cameron.:(

Does the one in Melbourne have a cheap cinema? That's what I remember best about the one in Brisbane.

Although they did have a projection error when I went to see The Phantom Menace there. Everyone's feet ended up on top of their heads.

Overall I think this improved the film.

The difference in celebration between Worpel's first goal and Eagles first i think just demonstrates that strong culture we're building here. Absolutely phenomenal game that rewarded our efforts to the season then to that point. Also who could forget Butler having an outstanding game

So many fond memories of my childhood watching the Roys at Princess Park.I would've been in the members waving my flag after every goal and going for a kick on the ground after the match.

Darren Kappler (#21 for the Roys) for those that don't know, IMO, had a way more lethal left foot than Dan Rich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That hit on Richardson - superb stuff....sadly would get 6 weeks now, but hey...still good :)

Honestly that is one of the biggest kicks I've seen. 70 out and it goes through easily

Yeah - he really got on to that one - was at a pivotal moment in the game too.

It'd be up there with Blighty's effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back