Analysis Throw Back Thursday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying he would have made the difference but we missed Shaun Hart a hell of a lot in the 2004 GF, he may have been able to keep Byron Pickett at least under control.

Dougie Barwick had a field day...on a side note, apparently he owns the Drummond Golf in Preston.

Ironically, 182cm, Richard Osborne looked like he was playing full forward that day too.

Last edited:

Dougie Barwick had a field day...on a side note, apparently he owns the Drummond Golf in Preston.

Ironically, 182cm, Richard Osborne looked like he was playing full forward that day too.

It also looked like a forward line of Gary Keane at CHF (who reminds me of Dan McStay) and then medium sized forwards in Osborne, Barwick and Conlan (who are collectively, not too dissimilar to the likes of McCarthy, Cameron and Rayner, just nowhere near as damaging on the scoreboard).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking about the sizes of players these days compared to last century there certainly seems to be a marked difference, must be all the growth hormones in the chicken and beef these days.

Talking about the sizes of players these days compared to last century there certainly seems to be a marked difference, must be all the growth hormones in the chicken and beef these days.
please don't phrase it that way, makes me feel even older than I already do :(

P.S. I think Micky Conlan might have been the pioneer of growth hormones back in the day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back