Roast Throwing the toys out the crib

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
You're delusional brah

You're still in the denial phase. Most of us, having been here before, noticed it for what it is and moved straight into the anger phase. We are now in the acceptance phase.

Soon we will move into the optimism phase about 2017. Then, after the trade period when we bring in no decent midfielder that we desperately need, we'll re-enter the denial phase.
This.

I'm struggling to converse with my fellow crow supporting friends as they are also still in the denial phase.

FyfeToAdelaide

Club Legend
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
So if we had won it would of been geelong first week more than likely away id have geelong as strong favourites. Second week would be eagles most likely. Seeing how they just showed they can beat us here.. im not that bad with north followed by most likely GWS after a derby.. if we lose to either of those we were never gonna make noise from 3rd anyway in my opinion.

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I was so hopeful the Walsh/Walker/Pyke era was going to usher in a cultural shift of elite standards, embracing challenge, performing on the big stage, selection based on performance not name but unfortunately there are too many that seem entrenched in the past and a culture of failure when it matters.

4 weeks to turn it around…a prelim berth is the baseline for an acceptable finals campaign imo.

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The reality is that loss has knocked us out of the race. To think otherwise is being deluded.

To win the premiership you need to be top 4, as the system is massively stacked against you if you finish 5th onward (In fact, top 2 for a team that has never won a grand final). To prove this point further, only 4 teams (I think it's 4 now) have made the preliminary finals out of 30 odd that have finished the minor round 5th or better.

None have made a grand final.

We'll need a miracle at this rate, the only positive is that really the top 5-6 are quite even. The worst thing about it though, is we blew the chance meekly.

Didn't North make the prelim from outside the top 4 only last year?

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sydney.

And yes we beat them. But so did Richmond.

And Port beat Hawthorn last year too.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk
We've beaten Sydney, West Coast, GWS, North. That's 4 of the other 7 teams in the finals. We had a 5th on toast.

There is simply no justification for saying we're not good enough. It's this wretched choking culture that we have that renders supporters and seemingly players, with paralysis as soon as the time to stand up comes.

We should have relished the chance to play Syd away, instead we have meek rationalising of the benefits in playing North.

We choke, we wet the bed, call it what you will, but do not hide behind the "we're not good enough" white flag.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Of course I was frustrated. It ruined my night tbh. But then, when you put things into perspective, you realise that now is not the time for trash talking the team. It is to get behind them to win their home final in 2 weeks time. I would have hoped that was the tone of this board, but it was only negative.

I'm of the mind that these boys need a bit of abuse after that insipid performance. I doubt they take any notice of what we say anyway but if they do I want them to get ******* angry instead of all this la de da hand shaking and joking with the opposition 1 second after they get right royally flogged. You don't see boxers doing this they get in the I'm going to rip your head off headspace and this is what we lack. IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm of the mind that these boys need a bit of abuse after that insipid performance. I doubt they take any notice of what we say anyway but if they do I want them to get ******* angry instead of all this la de da hand shaking and joking with the opposition 1 second after they get right royally flogged. You don't see boxers doing this they get in the I'm going to rip your head off headspace and this is what we lack. IMHO.

Not just boxers... go watch the Hawks lose a game, they don't take it well.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
We've beaten Sydney, West Coast, GWS, North. That's 4 of the other 7 teams in the finals. We had a 5th on toast.

There is simply no justification for saying we're not good enough. It's this wretched choking culture that we have that renders supporters and seemingly players, with paralysis as soon as the time to stand up comes.

We should have relished the chance to play Syd away, instead we have meek rationalising of the benefits in playing North.

We choke, we wet the bed, call it what you will, but do not hide behind the "we're not good enough" white flag.
Not hiding. Just understand the reality.

We got smashed in the midfield against WCE.

Four (Crouch brothers, Lyons and Atkins) of our prime mids have played under 50 games. Thommo is just about done. Dougie is sub par. And we had part timers like Eddie, Cameron and Mackay do nothing.

Even with Sloane in this midfield does not stack up to that if the three best teams now in Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn. Not to mention WCE giving us a bath.

This was never going to be our year. We had some great results and are building, but it was never going to be a Premiership year when you compare our weakness to the real contenders strengths.
Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm disappointed as well. I think we would have had a good chance this year if we finished in the top 4. The Eagles smashed us on Friday. Since 2000, only 1 5th placed team has reached the preliminary final. These chances don't come often and if we fail in the EF or SF I want to see us come back stronger in 2017.

skoobydoo

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Under the Southern Cross
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bite Basebal Crystal Brook Roosters

Cornes said we got ahead of ourselves.......and maybe he is right.
In games like last Friday, I , and probably every other Crows supporter , spend the game wishing and hoping and praying for a turn around, but secretly knowing that our first 5mins 'off the pace' start is where the players are, and will finish.
The first 3 minutes said it all for me. That was disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back