No Oppo Supporters Thunderdome Debate Thread - Two Bluebaggers enter, two Bluebaggers leave (We're not savages you know)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what others think, but I don't think this thread is working as intended.
When numerous posters including 2 mods were basically calling “fight, fight” I really don’t know why this thread exists, it certain,y isn’t to keep the fight awayfrom other posters.

As for legitimate debate - if 10 pages of me defending my opinion to Arrow hasn’t stopped him straw Manning why does anyone think a change of thread would do the trick.

When numerous posters including 2 mods were basically calling “fight, fight” I really don’t know why this thread exists, it certain,y isn’t to keep the fight awayfrom other posters.

As for legitimate debate - if 10 pages of me defending my opinion to Arrow hasn’t stopped him straw Manning why does anyone think a change of thread would do the trick.

It exists to keep the fight away from other threads.

Anybody can withdraw from this thread. They can't carry the same argument on in another thread though.

It exists to keep the fight away from other threads.

Anybody can withdraw from this thread. They can't carry the same argument on in another thread though.
Macca43 & Arr0w

You are invited to the Thunderdome

If you refuse your invitation to enter the Thunderdome, then you are deemed to have lost the debate automatically.

If you both refuse, it is considered a forfeit and also show in your tally.
Free to withdraw, after we have pressured you to fight An if you withdraw you lose and “it will be counted against your tally” Is this really what a moderator should be encouraging.

As for keeping the fight away from other threads, how many posters followed the fight over to here compared to how many posters have continued to post on the other thread?

Last edited:
Free to withdraw, after we have pressured you to fight An if you withdraw you lose and “it will be counted against your tally” Is this really what a moderator should be encouraging.

As for keeping the fight away from other threads, how many posters followed the fight over to here compared to how many posters have continued to post on the other thread?

Yes, that is what a moderator should be encouraging. I can be called to the dome too if I engage in a lengthy debate on the boards. If this triggers your pride, then make your argument. If you don't care, then walk away and treat it as a pointless bit of gamesmanship on the internet.

Whether people followed to this thread or not, it's not the point. Whether they are posting in the other thread or not is also not the point. The point is we stopped the derailing of that thread, but instead of deleting or warning, we provided a more appropriate vehicle.

What do you want from me here? Complete censorship?

Yes, that is what a moderator should be encouraging. I can be called to the dome too if I engage in a lengthy debate on the boards. If this triggers your pride, then make your argument. If you don't care, then walk away and treat it as a pointless bit of gamesmanship on the internet.

Whether people followed to this thread or not, it's not the point. Whether they are posting in the other thread or not is also not the point. The point is we stopped the derailing of that thread, but instead of deleting or warning, we provided a more appropriate vehicle.

I'll fight you campaigner.

Meh, you would take a swing at yourself if you walked past a mirror.

Don't walk past my mirror then campaigner. I might accidentally knock you out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what others think, but I don't think this thread is working as intended.
By the time two are called here they have already run out of steam I think. The idea is fine but in practice doesnt work so well and is just like a schoolyard fight with a few onlookers. All rather silly in the end.

If you look at the original thread the fight between Arrow had finished, he started the same one with Stamos, and yet at least one mod was trying to get it going here.

As for complete censorship, of course not, but perhaps if you acted on posts calling other a sock puppet, pathetic, or a liar, their opinions sh!t, bizarre or wrong rather than tell the complainant to give it a rest or stop wasting the mods time the thread would work better.

You could also take note of repeat visitors to the dome and act on reports of clear bullying.

Will answer them for you

1. We won't make the 8 if Newnes and Gibbons remain in the side

No evidence at all, see point 3

2. Newnes cost us a "few" games

No evidence at all, then claim hyperbole when called out, see points 1& 3

3. No bias in Maccas best 22

Finally after 12 months, you admit bias, more evidence for points 1 & 2

4. Finals sides don't have footsoilders

Staggering, see points 1, 2 & 3

Will answer them for you

1. We won't make the 8 if Newnes and Gibbons remain in the side

No evidence at all, see point 3

2. Newnes cost us a "few" games

No evidence at all, then claim hyperbole when called out, see points 1& 3

3. No bias in Maccas best 22

Finally after 12 months, you admit bias, more evidence for points 1 & 2

4. Finals sides don't have footsoilders

Staggering, see points 1, 2 & 3
Already done numerous times.READ.

If you look at the original thread the fight between Arrow had finished, he started the same one with Stamos, and yet at least one mod was trying to get it going here.

As for complete censorship, of course not, but perhaps if you acted on posts calling other a sock puppet, pathetic, or a liar, their opinions sh!t, bizarre or wrong rather than tell the complainant to give it a rest or stop wasting the mods time the thread would work better.

You could also take note of repeat visitors to the dome and act on reports of clear bullying.

Why should they be acted on unless you can dispute them being true?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back