No Oppo Supporters Thunderdome Debate Thread - Two Bluebaggers enter, two Bluebaggers leave (We're not savages you know)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay folks, it's trial time.

We see a lot of arguments going on and on in a never ending loop until they start derailing threads. I'm all for some lengthy debates but we have to separate them out somehow.

If we see this sort of thing happen, the participants may be invited into the Thunderdome to complete their debate. Any further debate in the original thread will be removed.

No other posters can post in the Thunderdome until the debate is done. The participants can agree to shake hands and leave the Thunderdome together, or their peers can then post who they think won the debate and why. We can run a poll for each debate if you like.

What this will accomplish is to keep threads flowing, and make posters be a little less definitive and a little more accommodating towards the opinions of others, AND importantly, produce receipts for their contentions.

If a poster refuses the invitation to enter the Thunderdome, they are deemed to have lost the debate automatically. We may even keep running tallies as to our best debators. If both refuse, it is considered a forfeit and also show in their tally. You have to enter even if both shake hands and call it off immediately. Those will be considered a draw.

In between debates, posters may put forward debate recommendations and participants in this thread.

This is limited to football discussion only folks. Politics and other social issues have their own place elsewhere on BigFooty.

Let's have fun with this folks and leave the egos at the cage door.

Last edited:
I challenge you to the Thunderdome for this idea.
.....you lose.

Not a bad idea, actually, but somewhat hard to police if no one chooses to lay down the challenge.
To be deemed the loser for not bothering to get into lengthy debate though? Maybe..

The biggest challenge though is taking things away to the SRP board, as there, you have no allies liking you just because of you are and not what you say.

I challenge you to the Thunderdome for this idea.
.....you lose.

Not a bad idea, actually, but somewhat hard to police if no one chooses to lay down the challenge.
To be deemed the loser for not bothering to get into lengthy debate though? Maybe..

You get invited by mods because you have been involved in a lengthy debate so you have already chosen. We will lay down the challenge. Posters will make recommendations.

Is the debate limited to two people or could there be more .........

Depends on what we see on the boards to prompt the invitation.

are words the only weapons allowed? what about gifs, youtube clips, kitchen implements, yo mama jokes.......?
Statistics, graphs and gut feelings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Folks, this isn't a banter thread, a joke thread or a general discussion thread. If you aren't recommending a specific argument, currently taking place, to enter the Dome for the mods consideration, then we don't need any more input in this thread.

Thanks

Sounds interesting. Can the first debate be who spends the most time in the thunderdome?
Seriously though. Can you like, dislike etc, arguments in the dome?

The Old Dark Navy's, why don't you make likes the way to vote for a particular side of a debate.

If you like a post, you ostensibly 'vote' for it. All other reacts - including love - are not included. That way, you don't need running polls at the top of the page.

Because a debate is made up of multiple posts and you can like a post without agreeing with that side of the debate.

Don't lose your mind and the example was in context. What's the problem?

BTW: How many times are you going to tell us how good Constable is and how much you want him? Funny boy :)

How many times are you going to bang on about Curnow, Gibbons and Polson in the forward line, which was over 18 months ago

Your posting has become less than a subliminal propaganda and is getting tiresome

Again, I have no idea what you're on about but you persist......and I still haven't heard about Constable.

BTW, When exactly did you become a moderator that enables you to tell people what they can say and can't say?
You're not a moderator now are you?

You don't like it block me, but don't ell me what to say. Not appreciated.

Seriously stop feigning innocence

You want to keep spruking your agenda go right ahead, but stop passing it off as fact, referencing the club

Each time you do I will call it out whether you approve or not

"Silly boy"

May you have a good day and get some rest.

Arr0w
HARKER

You are invited to the Thunderdome

If you refuse your invitation to enter the Thunderdome, then you are deemed to have lost the debate automatically.

If you both refuse, it is considered a forfeit and also show in your tally.

Last edited:
Arr0w
HARKER

If you refuse your invitation to enter the Thunderdome, then you are deemed to have lost the debate automatically.

I concur with this nomination. This is the second such circular stoush for these combatants. Get your debate skills on lads. We're not here to humiliate you. We are here to watch two warriors do battle.

Good luck.

Arr0w
HARKER

I'm here. I win :)

Before any discussion can be had, the topic has to be laid down.
Happy to discuss any topic with anyone, but good to know what the discussion is to be about first.

Can I go and train, get some sun and do my sudoku now?

I'm here. I win :)

Before any discussion can be had, the topic has to be laid down.
Happy to discuss any topic with anyone, but good to know what the discussion is to be about first.

Can I go and train, get some sun and do my sudoku now?

The discussion will be centred around small forwards and Carlton's pursuit and usage of same over the past few seasons, as per your debate in the Bluemour Discussion thread. Feel free to quote yourself or your opponent from that thread in order to continue that discussion.

Oh, and whatever the Charlie Constable thing is about. Feel free to flesh that out a bit further for us.

Nobody is online all the time and people have jobs and lives. With that in mind, we're not in a terrible hurry for both participants to accept the nomination or post to exhaustion. Just like a phantom draft, there will be reasonable timeframes involved.

Do I get a trophy?? Encouragement award...something?
This do ya.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back