Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
upload_2017-3-16_9-32-59.png
v
upload_2017-3-16_9-33-15.png

Team lists:

Storm:
6. Cameron Munster 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Cheyse Blair 5. Josh Addo-Carr 20. Ryley Jacks 7. Cooper Cronk 21. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Jordan McLean 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenny Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane. Interchange: 1. Billy Slater 8. Tim Glasby 14. Christian Welch 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona

Broncos: 1. Darius Boyd (c) 2. Corey Oates 3. James Roberts 4. Tautau Moga 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Anthony Milford 7. Ben Hunt 8. Korbin Sims 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Adam Blair 11. Sam Thaiday 12. Matt Gillett 13. Josh McGuire. Interchange: 14. Alex Glenn 16. Herman Ese’ese 17. Jai Arrow 18. Benji Mashall

Broadcast:

The game is broadcast live on Channel 9 in NSW/QLD, GEM in VIC/SA/WA and Fox League (channel 502). The match kicks off at 8:05pm AEDT.

The Odds (via Sportsbet - please, gamble responsibly...) :

Melbourne $1.55 - Brisbane $2.52

The stats:

Head to head: Played 40 games - Melbourne 26 wins, Brisbane 13, Drawn 1

At AAMI Park: Played 7 games - Melbourne 4 wins, Brisbane 3

Past 5 clashes:

2016 - Brisbane d Melbourne 26-16 at AAMI Park

2016 - Melbourne d Brisbane 48-6 at Suncorp Stadium

2015 - Melbourne d Brisbane 15-8 at Suncorp Stadium

2015 - Brisbane d Melbourne 14-12 at AAMI Park

2014 - Melbourne d Brisbane 22-12 at AAMI Park

250 games

Congratulations to Darius Boyd on reaching the 250 game milestone this week.

Team info:

Melbourne: The Storm come into this game on the back of 2 very good away wins, in (ironically) very stormy conditions throughout both games. Last week's game in NZ could have almost been classified as 'water sports'. Bellamy has got the Storm playing their clinical best in the opening rounds, with both the Warriors and Dogs struggling to break the defensive efforts of the Storm. Jesse Bromwich is a surprise inclusion in the 21 man team list but don't be surprised if he misses still. Outside of that, the only other notable injury is that of Tohu Harris, who isn't expected back until round 8.

It would be remiss of me not to mention that Billy Slater is making his long awaited return from several shoulder issues. However you think of the guy, it's impossible not to feel happy about seeing the champ back in action after so long! I'd love to eventually see Billy back to his best but for now I'd be ok with him getting through this game injury free. Welcome back Billy, the comp has missed you.

Brisbane: The Broncos come into this one on the back of yet another heart wrenching golden point defeat to the Nth QLD Cowboys - seriously, they must be so sick of playing the boys up north! The promising sign for the Broncos though, is that they've played good football in both games, despite being 1-1 to start the season. On the injury front, only Tom Opacic is due to miss with a shoulder injury.

My tip (1 for 1 so far on Thursday night tips):

I made the mistake of tipping against the Storm last week - I thought the monsoonal conditions at Belmore would have been hard to back up from. How wrong I was! Meanwhile the Broncos are wanting to get back on the front foot after that narrow loss last week in golden point. Both teams are very clinical and professional in their approach to the game. I expect a big arm wrestle for most of the game, with the Storm just edging it towards the end.

Storm by 10

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Benji Marshall starts on the bench for the Broncos.

Munster moves back to Full Back for the run on team with Ryley Jacks coming into the starting side at five-eighth. Jesse Bromwich also come into the starting side, Glasby and Slater drop to the bench

Back