• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
I like footy on Thursdays, I'd replace Sunday matches which I hate, and have Thursday every week, Please who ever spoke about 19 clubs or another from the Mornington Penninsula or another Perth club , what do you want to completely dilute this already diluted and over umpired sport, the more teams the less quality, its a fact.
But yep I like Thursday, I don't care about clash games on Saturday you can always swap off a bad one from 504 TO 503, on Foxtel.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Having Anthony Hudson commentating instead of random background chatter between the camera operator and some bloke helps too
thing is...don't think they've tripped up on players names yet (not that I would actually know)...so for prime time commentators to incorrectly call players in the ones is...just incompetent.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
THinking laterlly, if they have VFL games on Thursday Nights, no one west of Victoria is going to tune in given we would rather uppercut ourselves in the face then watch Werribee play football

That's ok because tv networks don't really care about anyone west of Victoria anyway

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Should be weekly. The saturday overlaps are ridiculous.
THinking laterlly, if they have VFL games on Thursday Nights, no one west of Victoria is going to tune in given we would rather uppercut ourselves in the face then watch Werribee play football

Thing is the AFL have the power to include the VFL in its broadcast arrangements, SANFL and WAFC not so much. The SANFL have their own streaming service, and the WAFC signed up with the West Australian.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Big fan. Every week for me. I was actually pretty disappointed when I got home and discovered there was no game on tonight.

I realise it's more of a tv timeslot rather than being fan friendly, but it's hard to be too sympathetic as a supporter of a club who never gets primetime slots and gets relegated to late Sunday most weeks. Swings and roundabouts and all that.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
They need to bring back Thursday night footy,

Two good games on tonight head to head, one of them could have been played on Thursday night with the other played on Saturday night.

I want to watch both of them but I have to make a choice, not good enough AFL.

1619865401074.jpeg

Back