Current Tiahleigh Palmer

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
is it just me or does it seem false that members of the family are in court with 'justice for tia' tshirts yet where were these people when she was alive? did they help protect or look after her then? why was she in foster care? its not so much this case but there have been lots of kids killed in a domestic situation and there are shrines of flowers and toys and notes about our 'little angel' yet people knew these kids were in a violent/druggie way of life probably saw the bruises did nothing but then want to ease their guilt by doing something when they are dead-am I being too harsh?

is it just me or does it seem false that members of the family are in court with 'justice for tia' tshirts yet where were these people when she was alive? did they help protect or look after her then? why was she in foster care? its not so much this case but there have been lots of kids killed in a domestic situation and there are shrines of flowers and toys and notes about our 'little angel' yet people knew these kids were in a violent/druggie way of life probably saw the bruises did nothing but then want to ease their guilt by doing something when they are dead-am I being too harsh?

Her birth mother has been campaigning hard to change the school system as far as informing parents when a child is absent, although it probably wouldn't have helped in this case as it turned out. The government has made those changes.

She is actually quite well spoken, not at all feral.

I read that she was unable to take care of her daughter so the grandmother did for a time. I have read something about some trouble she had with the law and how she was straightening herself out and trying to get custody back. So it probably wasn't an abusive situation as it was the mother making mistakes and having the daughter taken away.

I really haven't seen a bad word about her from anybody that knows her.

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So basically if the 19 year old kept it in his pants, the girl would still be alive and the rest of his families lives wouldn't of been ruined.

I still can't get over the fact that the girl was only 12, wtf is wrong with this guy???

But I can understand the other brother and mother with the lies and not coming forward.

The father on the otherhand, finds out about the incest and what he does is goes and kills the girl as some kind of solution. Talk about a monster.

Question for you guys; what kind of sentence would the 19 year old would've received if his father turned him in straight away?

Who knows but apparently they were doing it for 10 months. Maybe the girl really liked him. Maybe she thought she loved him. Maybe it was the older guy and the infatuated high school junior. Maybe she would have stuck up for him. Still a crime, but there is no mandatory sentence. Maybe the girl would have sounded mature and advanced to court appointed psychologists. Maybe he was molesting her but she certainly told nobody and was still going to school as normal.

I guess the point is that there would possibly be a whole range of factors that brought the punishment down to something manageable, as much as society would have screamed about it. I mean, the father killed her in case she was pregnant or he killed her because she said she would tell someone. It's almost inconceivable that this is the line a foster father would take with a 12 year old girl. How do you bring yourself to do that?

Matty_G

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
What sort of punishment is in line for the mum and the other brother for perverting the course of justice? Assuming they haven't actually played a bigger part in this, they've been put in a really shitty situation.

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS
This is unbelievable. Has certainly unravelled quickly, maybe the police were sitting on it for the right time but just a shocking sequence of events.

Turns out the son had sex with her as an act of retribution and she had told people he had touched her previously and authorities had spoken to them 5 times about it.

Unwilling victim regardless of ability to give consent. This guy was a sexual predator.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Would she have been old enough to even fall pregnant? Thought it was around 13?
Absolutely sickening, gives a foster carers a bad name.

Would she have been old enough to even fall pregnant? Thought it was around 13?
Absolutely sickening, gives a foster carers a bad name.

Depends on ovulation. 11-12 is normal but some are earlier, some later. Youngest recorded birth was from a 5 year old who started ovulating at 8 months old. Don't even want to find out who the *er was that did that.

VineyIsLORD

Norm Smith Medallist
May 6, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Turns out the son had sex with her as an act of retribution and she had told people he had touched her previously and authorities had spoken to them 5 times about it.

Unwilling victim regardless of ability to give consent. This guy was a sexual predator.

I thought he made up some excuse about her threatening to kill his dog and she forced him into it?

He's a sick * either way, sounds like he has that same victim complex of Adrian Bayley (and let's be honest, a lot of right-wing young men these days)

I thought he made up some excuse about her threatening to kill his dog and she forced him into it?

He's a sick **** either way, sounds like he has that same victim complex of Adrian Bayley (and let's be honest, a lot of right-wing young men these days)

So he reckons she blackmailed him to have sex with her or she would kill his dog?

What a load of s**t. Poor girl isn't around to tell him so.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

He's a sick **** either way, sounds like he has that same victim complex of Adrian Bayley (and let's be honest, a lot of right-wing young men these days)
#### me. Keep your idiotic comments out of this thread ffs.

Don't try and twist this. Slander is not going to change the fact that you posted an idiotic comment.

It's a crime thread. No need to get antsy about your political persuasion. Let it pass out of respect for the victim we are discussing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/~/article-3801318/index.html

Story switching up again.

She had a crush on him and had a chance to go home days earlier but didn't want to leave him.

Also she was taken to child safety by a stranger because she was scared to go home. She was dismissed because kids lie and sent home. 6 days later she was dead.

If a child under 16 years of age presents pregnant at a doctor or a hospital, is it subject to mandatory reporting requirements?

Would have to.

Mar 16, 2007
Showers Stand
AFL Club
Essendon
Just trying to get my head around how this sad situation can happen. If the infatuation was mutual and they loved each other, he's still an absolute scumbag for taking advantage of a young vulnerable girl, but it's a situation that can be solved without killing the poor child.

Just trying to get my head around how this sad situation can happen. If the infatuation was mutual and they loved each other, he's still an absolute scumbag for taking advantage of a young vulnerable girl, but it's a situation that can be solved without killing the poor child.

It's like a movie. The son is a bisexual dancer, she an infatuated foster kid, and sinister Dad posing as a pillar of the community.

This father was advertising rooms directly to international colleges. This more than anything tells me it was a money making venture.

No cause of death was identified but they believe he smothered her. Terrifying way to go.

It seems the father may face charges in relation to 4 and 11 year old girls and police are looking at whether a teenager had been harmed prior to Tiahleigh coming to him.

Back