Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Obscured out of the US has done a podcast on this case. Meanwhile, Rick Thorburn has been found unresponsive in his cell and only two years into his life sentence.

I think the son Trent got out recently.

Convicted killer Rick Thorburn is fighting for his life in hospital after being found unresponsive in his jail cell on Saturday morning.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09...ahleigh-palmer-in-critical-condition/12635234

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Awful, but it might be getting a bit closer to what really happened.

""I must have accidentally suffocated her with my hand over her mouth and holding her so tightly around her waist.""

He's full of s**t. It takes minutes to die from suffocation, not the time it takes to get from your driveway to your house. She'd have passed out first and he wouldn't have been standing still with her limp body in his driveway for any time.

""I must have accidentally suffocated her with my hand over her mouth and holding her so tightly around her waist.""

He's full of sh*t. It takes minutes to die from suffocation, not the time it takes to get from your driveway to your house. She'd have passed out first and he wouldn't have been standing still with her limp body in his driveway for any time.

The coroner is a bit skeptical of that account as well.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

He's full of sh*t. It takes minutes to die from suffocation, not the time it takes to get from your driveway to your house. She'd have passed out first and he wouldn't have been standing still with her limp body in his driveway for any time.

Absolutely. If it happened the way he claimed he would've noticed she passed out cause there's no way you wouldn't notice somebody suddenly becoming a dead weight. Most people would then have either let go or gently lowered her to the ground and she would've resumed breathing normally.

The only way to suffocate someone is to cut off their air supply for a lot longer than them just becoming unconscious. There's a reason it's impossible to commit suicide by just holding your breath

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
"She said Thorburn had not denied he may have had sexual contact with the girl and he had previous convictions for child sex offences."

I know murders, particularly that of a child, are senseless but that makes more sense. It's possible the whole thing got out of his control when he found out his son was also abusing her, so he killed her. I wonder if the father and son are still close?

He deliberately killed Tiahleigh. How his wife can still support him is beyond me.

A coroner has ruled Tiahleigh Palmer was deliberately killed by her foster father, Richard Thorburn, and died by either asphyxiation or choking.

Deputy State Coroner Jane Bentley handed down her findings in just three minutes on Friday, concluding that the exact cause of the 12-year-old’s death could not be conclusively determined, but that Thorburn had “no remorse” for his offending.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
He deliberately killed Tiahleigh. How his wife can still support him is beyond me.

A coroner has ruled Tiahleigh Palmer was deliberately killed by her foster father, Richard Thorburn, and died by either asphyxiation or choking.

Deputy State Coroner Jane Bentley handed down her findings in just three minutes on Friday, concluding that the exact cause of the 12-year-old’s death could not be conclusively determined, but that Thorburn had “no remorse” for his offending.

He claims he was protecting his rapist son so she probably sees him as a good family man.

Back