Ticket to Ride

SnowRoo

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2011
Berwick
AFL Club
North Melbourne

With elegantly simple gameplay, Ticket to Ride can be learned in under 15 minutes, while providing players with intense strategic and tactical decisions every turn. Players collect cards of various types of train cars they then use to claim railway routes in North America. The longer the routes, the more points they earn. Additional points come to those who fulfill Destination Tickets – goal cards that connect distant cities; and to the player who builds the longest continuous route.

"The rules are simple enough to write on a train ticket – each turn you either draw more cards, claim a route, or get additional Destination Tickets," says Ticket to Ride author, Alan R. Moon. "The tension comes from being forced to balance greed – adding more cards to your hand, and fear – losing a critical route to a competitor."

Ticket to Ride continues in the tradition of Days of Wonder's big format board games featuring high-quality illustrations and components including: an oversize board map of North America, 225 custom-molded train cars, 144 illustrated cards, and wooden scoring markers.

Last edited:

willba_victory

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
GC Suns, Arsenal, MVictory
Played this a little while ago and won both games. Stuck to just 1 route card and concentrated on building 5x or 6x lines.

Love it and don't play often enough. I tend to look for synergies on my route cards e.g similar north/south or east/west routes I can piggy back off. Complete those and pick again using my established routes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaxxon

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't know a single person that hasn't liked that game. I am loving the India map too for 2-4 players, much more interaction, and it is very nerve wracking.

BlueRoos

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2007
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have the Europe base game, and even though we're all still learning strategy, by which I mean I'm the only one trying to block which means I lose all the time, it's fun to play.

Just got this one delivered today. :)
My family has thoroughly enjoyed the original Ticket to Ride game, so much so that my kids are asking to play, so it must be pretty good. :thumbsu:

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Played it with Mrs Bojangles and a friend of hers a couple of weeks ago. Definitely took too many cards but really enjoyed it. Something a little bit Settlers of Catan about it.

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Just saw the 10th Anniversary edition going for $151 (incl. 20% discount) at the Games Shop at Chadstone. Wondered why it's so much more expensive than other games. Then checked the Mil Sims website; they have it (pre-order) for a much more reasonable $120.

Never played it myself but it seems to be on most people's 'must have games' lists.

Just saw the 10th Anniversary edition going for $151 (incl. 20% discount) at the Games Shop at Chadstone. Wondered why it's so much more expensive than other games. Then checked the Mil Sims website; they have it (pre-order) for a much more reasonable $120.

Never played it myself but it seems to be on most people's 'must have games' lists.
BTW I like your design work.

Back